Just received my Seamiles CC

divadiverfl

We've been talking about this a lot on the boards lately. too bad you didn't see the threads b/4 now. seamiles is not such a great reward card. you shld do a search for these threads. after reading them, you might consider (maybe not, too) ditching it for something else b/4 you rack up the miles with them. either way, it's worth reading up on.

Cash rewards is definitely a good option! If you want to go with a cruise rewards card however, MBNA Cruise Rewards earns points at twice the rate of the Sea miles card. In other words, youi have to make $50,000 in purchases on the Seamiles card to earn a $500 cruise discount. On MBNA it only takes $25,000 in purchases. When I applied for and received the Sea miles card, I was lied to about this, so this card is now history as far as I am concerned!

Hey Cruzman - I've seen reference on here to that MBNA card before and I never can find it. It looks like MBNA merged with Bank of America and they offer a gazillion cards. Can you point me in the right direction for the card you're talking about that only uses 25K miles for a cruise? Thx.

American Express Blue Cash (5% cash back bonus on most purchases).....DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT......(no annual fee either ;) ) oh and it looks really cool too :cool:

Just got back last month.....sweet bill with my winnings at the roullete table and my annual cash back bonus.....paid of the S&S card.......perfect timing I tell ya.....note to self....sail in September! lolol!

I was tempted to get the Carnival Visa........NOT! Plus they can cancel the program at anytime.....

.....Im tempted to look at MBNA but AMEX so rocks...they are so all about the consumer and NOT the merchant....have a dispute....no forms just a phone call away!

HTH

Hey Becky....never had the need to dispute a night at a hotel......but when it comes to other things....on line double up....ebay double up....at the counter returns...priceless....my bank visa (b of a) oh geez.....what a freakin hassel...for a 5.99 dispute I called it quits after 6 weeks paid it then cancelled......THAT is why I use my Amex....never ever swipe the debit/credit ATM card....those are the easiest to track for fraud.....in this day and age it truly is priceless to have someone watching your back....sheesh....when I go on a shopping spree.....I have a message at home to call "just to make sure" that all the purchases for the day jive.....a bit of an inconveniance if I dont call back.....but have learned ya gatta call back or your done shopping for the weekend lololol!

just more thoughts!

AMEX rocks.....AND alot of merchants still do not accept because of the merchant charges......I tend to steer clear of those merchants.

yes my advice for racking up those miles is to Get a Different Card. This card is TERRIBLE. if you look at the discounts offered by sea miles, you will see that they stink. The rates for cruises are outrageuos. You can get better prices with one of the "One Day Sales" Carnival keeps having. And you have to book through them, so no chance of getting a price reduction. Ugh I wish i had never gotten this stupid card.

Hey Cruzman - I've seen reference on here to that MBNA card before and I never can find it. It looks like MBNA merged with Bank of America and they offer a gazillion cards. Can you point me in the right direction for the card you're talking about that only uses 25K miles for a cruise? Thx.

Lezlee, you are right. That merger has taken place and I am also having a hard time getting information, but here is the mist recent number I have for info about the card 1-800-421-2110. Hopefully you can get the info that you need there.

Archived