The most comfortable beds?

mesaaz

I'm wondering which cruise line, in general (on their newer ships), has the most comfortable beds (for example, the most plush)?

Are they twins pushed together to form a queen, or 1 complete queen bed?

Do any cruise lines have king size beds?

(I searched and I found some threads, but they're old posts)

Thanks!

Went on carnival in July and the beds were the m ost comfortable I've ever slept in. They even have brochures where you can buy the carnival bedding. Going on Princess in Feb. and heard their beds aren't so hot, but they may get new bedding.

I can tell you that it is NOT RCL -- they were rubber type mattresses like you would have at camp. EXTRAORDINARILY uncomfortable. Every time you turned over, the entire bed "crinkled".

Inexcusable.

When I went with HAL 2 years ago, I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud; I've heard since then they upgraded the bedding. Will it feel like I died and went to heaven this time? yippee!

We've done Princess, Carnival and Victoria cruise lines and I gotta say that by the time I fall into bed at night, I'm too tired to even think about the matress. heck, I could probably sleep in the bathtub and be comfortable. We were most recently on Princess and the matresses seemed perfectly fine to me - good and firm. But that only works if you like that type of mattress. I would not pick a cruiseline based simply upon how comfortable the beds are. You can always get an egg crate if they aren't to your liking.

Charlie

Barbara Hornblower, these mattresses have been slowly getting onto all the HAL ships over the last year or two. Perhaps you had the new mattresses on your last HAL cruise, not sure. Either way, you will love these.

I can tell you that it is NOT RCL -- they were rubber type mattresses like you would have at camp. EXTRAORDINARILY uncomfortable. Every time you turned over, the entire bed "crinkled".

RCCL is currently upgrading their bedding as well. Completely changing out everything down to the frames. The Sovereign was one of the first ships to get the upgrade this summer.

RCCL is currently upgrading their bedding as well. Completely changing out everything down to the frames. The Sovereign was one of the first ships to get the upgrade this summer.

On top of that RCI will have the pillow tops that makes the gap in the middle disappear. That is a plus in itself.

I'll vote for HAL or the QM2. The mattresses and the linens were terrific on both cruises. The "twin" beds push together so there is a kind of bundling board in the middle.

My worst was Celebrity on the Century. We finally had the beds separated and our steward put another mattress on top for me. Talk about "The Princess and the Pea!"

Hal and Carnival have upgraded the mattresses and everyone loves them. Princess has the upgrade but only in suites (from what I have read).

The worse is probably RCL, but another poster said they are in the process of upgrading.

3 cruises on RCI and 1 on Carnival. Love my RCI cruises but the beds on Carnival are by far the most comfortable. I actually ordered it for my home and it will be delivered next tuesday.

Now if I can only get my husband to rock the bed back and forth to mimic the ocean....I will sleep like a baby :p

• 3 months later...

Hi-hard to believe it's been that long since the Veendam!! JP will be home on March 11 for 7 weeks. Not sure if you were aware but he then leaves on May 2 for Europe to board the Rotterdam in Athens -sail around the Med for a while and then north to the Baltic States-denmark, Russia-fantastic itinerary. Hope everything is great with the you two.

Princess beds feel like a rock - I hate them - and we have stayed in only mini suites and full suites and they don't seem upgraded to me - that is why we bring a 2 inch tempur pedic bed topper with us -

On NCL the bed was awesome - at least on the Jewel it was.

Does Carnival have new bedding on all their ships? thanx

Archived