Best excursion for boys 8 and 10?

Latte Lover

Town is nuts and most of the tours overrated. Take them in a cab a mile or two north to any of the beach resorts on 7 mile beach that allow day guests. Rent a couple of chairs, boogie boards, sea kayaks and just enjoy some goregous, clear warm water. Took our 10 year old a cruise or two ago b/c he was officially "sick" (had too many french fries if you know what I mean) and wasn't allowed in the on board kids' activities (his brother and sister stayed on board). He was happy as a clam playing in the sand, kayaking with me (dad) and mom, floating in the salt water and just walking.

We're in GC in 3 weeks on RCL Rhapsody and will be doing what I just recommended with all 3 kids 11, 9 and 7. Just don't go too far up 7 mile as the traffic back to ship stinks. We stopped at Marriot I think and only had a 1.25 mile walk back so we just walked. (across the street from Wendy's if my memory is right).

If they are adventerous, Stingray City should not be missed. Everyone should experience it at least once. Grand Cayman is the perfect place to learn how to snorkel. I learned how there back when I was about 7 (youngest of us was 4 when she started). We all still love it (And Grand Cayman) to this day! The reefs near shore are easy to swim to and the water is crystal clear and warm. Definitely take them snorkeling somewhere on Cayman.

Archived