Is chops still $10 per person the first night

marko711

Never heard that deal before. It's always been $20 per person no matter what night as far as I've ever known. I have heard there is one ship (Navigator?) that charges $25 per person but we have not wittnessed that personally.

I have heard there is one ship (Navigator?) that charges $25 per person but we have not wittnessed that personally.

We were charged $25 pp on the Navigator in June of 2004, but recently posters have reported that is was decreased to $20. It was still worth the $50 ++ bucks :)

###

On the numerous HAL cruises we have taken the first night in the specialty restaurant was $10.00 if you called HAL and booked before the cruise. Once you got on board, it was $20 per night including first night. Maybe call RCCL and see if they have the pre-cruise discount....

The price is always $20 but I can tell you this about the first night of the cruise and Chops.

We were on MOS in March and IN THE COMPASS it said that only on the first night, they were not requiring reservations. So we were like, yea lets go tonight.

So we show up and the place was virtually empty, there were people at ONE table. And they were like " do you have areservation?" "Oh I dont know ma'am let me see what I can do since you dont have a reservation"

It was EMPTY mind you. We stood there fo rlike 5 minutes getting looks from the other people at the little desk and I was like READ the compass . it says no reservations in it. And they said No ma'am I dont think so, we dont do that"

I wish I had brought it with me!

They did seat us and our side dishes came out rock hard b/c they put them in ice cold bowls, had to send them all back!

On the numerous HAL cruises we have taken the first night in the specialty restaurant was $10.00 if you called HAL and booked before the cruise. Once you got on board, it was $20 per night including first night. Maybe call RCCL and see if they have the pre-cruise discount....

Now the Pinnacle Grille is $30 and the official policy is no more discounts on the first night but it seems some ships still randomly do offer it.

I have never seen a discount on RCI on any night.

I was on the Enchantment last week & while at Chops the first afternoon making our res. for Thurs I was told that if i wanted to go the first night instead they were offering free champagne, i said no but thanks anyways & stuck with my res for Thurs. FYI i was at Chops by 5:00 the day we boarded and i got the LAST res for Thurs & it was at 6:00pm so contact them as soon as possible after you board the ship so you won't be disappointed.

Caviargal....It was last June that it was available and I see things do change, especially the alcohol policy :) But, I did like the first night discount. 23 days till our JOS cruise so I guess I'll see all the changes in person!

We were charged $25 pp on the Navigator in June of 2004, but recently posters have reported that is was decreased to $20. It was still worth the $50 ++ bucks :)

###

Is the Navigator different than the other RCI ships? All of our dinners in Chops and Portofinos on the Radiance, Jewel, Explorer, Adventure and Voyager have all been $20 per person going back to 2002.

Is the Navigator different than the other RCI ships? All of our dinners in Chops and Portofinos on the Radiance, Jewel, Explorer, Adventure and Voyager have all been $20 per person going back to 2002.

Yes, they appear to use the Navigator as the tester ship :) They were the first ones to charge for JRs and the only one to charge $25 pp at both of the specialty restaurants. The JRs charge went fleet wide but the additional charge for the restuarants didn't and the Navigator reduced the charge to $20.

###

I called, and they don't. Reservations must be made onboard , unless you qualify for concierge service...

LL

Just off the Radiance..........No discount the first night

Chops $20pp

Portofino's $15pp

This is the second straight ship, Mariner being the other that Portofino's is indeed $15pp......

Potofino's was $20/pp on Explorer this past March, which was OK because the food and service were excellent. I wonder if Portofino's is $20 on ships that do not also have a Chops, but $15 on ships that have both a Chops and a Portofino?

Archived