Need Advice on Tipping

ymelancon

First time cruising. WHO do you tip? HOW MUCH do you tip? WHEN do you tip? I've heard that they leave envelopes for you to put your tips in the day before the cruise ends? Does the ship charge $10 a day against you sign & sail account on top of what you personally tip? Need to budget. HELP! :confused:

Carnival will charge your sign and sail card on the first night of your cruise $10.00 pp per day. You can see this on your tv on your account. ( you need not tip more in envelopes or any other way with this....some people do.)

When you arrive at the pier--you tip your cab driver- who will take your luggage and hand it to the porter who you will tip about a buck a bag to put it in a cage to send it off to the ship.

You will tip for room service when service is rendered. You may never get the same person twice. I use those $1 gold coins or the $2 bills.

Any drinks you buy are automatic tip of 15% which will be on your bill. So if you see a waiter selling a drink for 4.95 add 15% gratuity to that price. and no--its not negotiable. You can give him more--never less. (if I wanted to give them more I would do so in cash)

tip your excursion people bucks-- depending on the costs of your excursion. For a 20.00 excursion we tipped 5 bucks pp.

Archived