boat and land tours--guides suggested?

sailsalot

Hello!

I've read many of these posts regarding the driving conditions of St. Lucia (gasp!), and how an alternative to seeing the Volcano, Pitons, Gardens, waterfall, etc., is to do a boat-land tour, where the boat eliminates much of the scary driving. I've only read of one tour operator that does this, though, and that is serenity. Does anyone have any other suggestions for other tour companies that would do the boat-land tour?

Thanks!

We just returned from a wonderful 10 day cruise. The best day we had was with this dive company at St Lucia. We were a group of 7 snorkelers but had 2 divers from our ship on the boat too. These guys treat you right, pick you up at the ship and provide a great lunch. Check out their home page and trust me on this. They offer the two stops for snorkeling and diving and a land tour can be added also. If you can get a group of 10 or more then you can charter the boat all to your selves. We paid an extra $10 per person and they supplied all the beer and rum punch for a total of just $55 each for a fun filled day. I believe they told me for $85 total each we could add the land package to it. I will use them again the next time I am there for sure. www.divefairhelen.com Ask for Michael, he is great and will cater the day to please you.

Not sure what cruiseline you are sailing on.... but we did the Royal Caribbean "Land & Sea to Soufriere" last November.

We DO NOT normally do cruiseline excursions but this one was really good.

I believe we paid $79.00 per person. We had the bus part first.....down the coast.... then lunch (included in the price) which was very very good and then the catamaran sail back. It was a long day but I have no problems recommending this tour to anyone. I feel it was definately worth the price. Also a tour (with guide) at the volcano was also included in this price.

Hi, there. My husband, two good friends, and I cruised to St. Lucia three years ago and I wanted to find the BEST tour that would take us to the volcano, the pitons, snorkeling, black sand beach, waterfall, etc. I found a couple of reviews that consistently mentioned Peter the Great, a big and very friendly guy who is available just outside the ship in a little building that holds all of the tour operators. He had a green poster showing pics of all the sites you'd see throughout the day by boat and land. The tour was for seven hours and cost $55 - unheard of! I mentioned it to the cruise staff and they had never heard of him or such a good deal. We booked it, left at 9:30 am and had an amazing time!!! This was three years ago so the rates may have gone up or Peter may have stopped offering his tours but he was truly great and we'd totally recommend him.

Archived