Serene56 please help

gvg01

I am prejudiced against the side balconies. After spending a lot of cruises on the aft-- I feel I got more for my money booking an aft compared to that side balcony.

7434 is a lot of sq footage but a lot of that footage cant be used since its dead space-- ex the lot of footage when you come in the door--- its dark and cant do much there except store your luggage.

There is no sofa in the cabin and boy was it missed by us. I had to sit on the bed while the SO got ready for dinner-

the balcony I could never sit and look out at the waters-- the chair had to sit at a angle or i wouldnt have leg room. I couldnt sit next to my honey-- as I could on the aft.

http://travel.webshots.com/*****

other people had this cabin and they were fine.

Is this your first cruise?balcony?

No, this is my third but it my first booking a balcony room. I will try to contact my planner with regards to this room. I didn't realize it didn't have a couch. It won't let you get a picture when you click on the room number.

Nope- carnival site wont let you do that.

Personally-- you get much more space in an aft cabin. Plus the sofa.

I was thrilled to death when I was able to book 7434 but was disappointed in the space. I "thought" the room was so much larger because of deck plans. But like I said-- a lot of the space is unusable.

If they moved the closets down to the unused space they could put the table and one chair there so we can sit- out of the way while someone else is getting ready.

Actually, I just got off phone with my vplanner and she did switch me to 7444 aft. She's great!!!! It has a couch and it is located aft on empress deck which is where our party of over 30 is located. I can't wait......Is that an ok cabin???

For me that move is a lot better.

your view--> 283585957lnziFZ_th.jpg

and you dont have to worry about being on the wrong side of the ship either...you will be able to see both sides. Plus sitting on your balcony watching the port disappear is priceless.

its a farther walk to the elevator/stairs but the halls are quiet back there as people on a cruise do not go where they dont have to,

Its warmer back there and no ocean breezes like the side but the views are amazing. Keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cooler.

Cabins on the EMpress deck are very hoighly sought after as there is no public rooms above or below you..so the cabin is relativly quiet.

SOme people say they have a soot problem-- I have of yet to have that problem..but I also wipe everything down before i use it anyways.

you made an excellent choice.

Thanks so much for your help. I feel better already .Although, I'm sure I would have adapted to the other room. I like to roll with the punches-I'm there to enjoy myself and I try not to dwell on little things that you can't change. There's too much to enjoy on a cruise to complain about litttle things. Are you cruising anytime soon?

I am cruising Caribbean Princess in February and Carnival Elation in Aug.

Princess is my first on that ship and of course in an aft balcony.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1102026088051717522cVzlGt

I agree that you would have adapted in the other cabin.. With it being your first balcony-- you have nothing to compare it to..

For me-- I want the most for the same amount of money--

Now that you do have your cabin all set-- dont stress no more about other choices.. There is exxcursions that need to be stressed about.

Archived