How crowded does MUTS area get on Crown?

lumpkin

Going 8/19/07 on Crown....is MUTS area hard to get a seat? Many write that the for the shows in the theatre you need to arrive 45 mins before, since there is not enough seating....is this the same for the MUTS area?

It doesn't get remotely crowded, there was always far more spaces & loungers than there were people. As for the theatre, it's only the show after Traditional Dining first sitting that gets busy, there's no problem at other times.

Going 8/19/07 on Crown....is MUTS area hard to get a seat? Many write that the for the shows in the theatre you need to arrive 45 mins before, since there is not enough seating....is this the same for the MUTS area?

Depends on what they are showing. When they showed the DaVinci Code people got there really early to get a seat directly in front. We found seats on the side and the sound was terrible.

It depends what they're showing, and whether it's daytime or night time. For example, we were on it the week of Oct. 18-27th, and on Sunday when they were showing football games, it wasn't as crowded because we were docked in Jamaica that day. So it didn't start getting crowded until people came back onto the ship. If you'd been there earlier, you'd have your choice of seats. And, it's really neat to watch a football game while you're swimming in a pool.

At night, the only time it was really crowded was for that first World Series game. Otherwise, we always found seats. Don't forget that there are like three deck levels from where you can see the screen, so at the very worst you'd have to go up to the next level or so. We were never NOT able to get a seat.

Sharon H.

I'm looking at the brochure it they say that MUTS is on the Caribbean, Grand and Sea Princess ships only. It doesn't say anything about the Crown. I may be wrong but it's what I see here.

Yes, the Crown has it. :)

It doesn't get remotely crowded, there was always far more spaces & loungers than there were people. As for the theatre, it's only the show after Traditional Dining first sitting that gets busy, there's no problem at other times.

I totally disagree with this statement if you are talking about the production shows in the theater. We missed Motor City because there were no seats and when we left, a few people mentioned that they had tried for the earlier show and could not get seats. This was 15 minutes BEFORE the show started. For Destination Anywhere, we were able to see it and get good seats because it was shown again at 7 P.M. the next day and the theater was only half full. For What a Swell Party we came about 30 minutes early and there were seats in the front row which we grabbed. This was the third production show and people had already learned to arrive early. You have a ship with over 3,000 passengers and a theater that holds 800 people. We only went to see one comedy show, Sarge and friends told us they saw the hypnotist show and had no trouble getting seats.

As for MUTS (on the Crown), I agree with Mur-cruiser about the sound. When it was on high, it was fine, but we missed a lot of the dialogue when it was just regular speaking. We had two good loungers in the first row of the first balcony, but we got those about 45 minutes before the show started - Mission Impossible III. By about 15 minutes to showtime, the only loungers left were the ones on the sides. However, since they had an overhang on the bottom, they were the lucky ones when it showered a bit. But we hung on, and I put my blanket over my head, lol, and we saw the end of the show in our nice, now slightly damp loungers. I just rented Mission Impossible from Netflix so we can catch the dialogue we missed the first time, but I am going to miss that big screen and nice warm popcorn and comfy loungers! That evening was our favorite on board the Crown, actually. It was a fun experience.

We were also on the 9/30 sailing. I loved MUTS--especially NFL Sunday Football. I was disappointed they didn't show different teams each Sunday. We had back to back Redskins and Eagles games on the two Sundays we sailed. It made sense to have the Giants on, but I would have preferred the JETS on one weekend. I'm a PATS fan and thought one game would have been nice since there were lots of New Englanders on board. Next time I'll make sure the PATS have a Sunday Night or Monday Night Game during my cruise.

Seriously, we loved this ship. No complaints--except they could use a different decor in one of the anytime dining rooms so they don't look exactly alike.

Archived