RCI Website for Excursions

Annefran

Our cruise is 5 months out now and I still can't get into Royal Caribbean's website to review and book excursions. When I called last month, they told me they were fixing the problem and that as my cruise got closer, the excursions would become available.

I don't remember having this issue with booking online last April. I booked our excursions 6 months out. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem too? If so, what have you been doing to view and book your excursions?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. We are booked on AOS for April 8, 2007 Southern Route (Aruba).

I guess if the problem with the website are still ongoing by the January timeframe, I need to contact them.

I was just curious if anyone else had difficulties booking their excursions online even when the cruise was leaving the following month?

Thanks!

My family is sailing on Visions of the Sea on December 31, 2006 and we have also been unable to download the shore excursion brochure. I had my TA try and download she was also unable to do it. I sent an email to RCI and they sent me back a confirmation that they received my email but did not receive a reply as to why I could not download this brochure that was over a month ago. However you can go in by each individual port and and look at the excursions and I was able to book online no problem. It is just very time consuming to do it this way. I hope that you have a great cruise!

:)

Just keep checking every few days and they will appear sometime soon. Ours weren't available until about 4 months before.

The only thing with checking on the website at each port and not through your cruise reservation is that those excursions may not be available for your particular cruise. So don't get your heart set on anything if you chose to browse that way. I did this and was then disappointed when the excursions didn't come up for our cruise.

I also found that 2 of the ports excursions showed up a few weeks before the other 2 ports for my cruise.

I know it's frustating, especially if you happen to be very excited and impatient like me! :D

It's very easy to cancel reservations if you change your mind too, online. I had to do this and I was pelasantly surprised whow easy it was.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd wait a bit before booking the excursions. Not all of them list this early out. I looked at the excursions listed for a cruise leaving next month (I printed them all out as they appeared on the screen; the brochure download doesn't work). For instance, Aruba had 54 choices, one of them is Rhino Rider, which is what we want to do. I checked on excursions for our next cruise on 3/26/07, and Aruba only has 33 choices, and Rhino Rider isn't listed yet. I'm sure it WILL be one of the choices, but like I said, not all of them are listed months in advance. When all the choices add up to the ones I have printed, then I'll know they are a complete listing.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Bonnie, I will have to try to see if my excursions are ready for booking online also. I did call RCCL about two weeks ago and they said that the excursions should be available NLT Jan 07.

Everyone have a Happy and Safe holiday!

I had this problem when I was trying to book for my 10/31/06 repo cruise on the Jewel. It was a month before departure and still unable to book excursions. I just gave up and booked some private ones. Apparently most of the other people on board did too because when we got on the ship and decided to book for Aruba and Curacao, some excursions were cancelled (after we booked them) because not enough people signed up. This happened several times to our table mates and each time they picked something else it would get cancelled. I think they lost a lot of $$$ on excursions on that cruise because they made it so difficult to book them.

The excursions were not available on the website until a few weeks before our departure and then when you tried to book them you got the message "please wait until you are on board to book this". Well, that didn't work either!

Archived