Pearl Oceanview Floorplan?

OceanDreaming2

I've been trying to find a floorplan for either the Pearl or Jewel showing the floorplans for an EE oceanview. We just off the Dream and assumed (wrong thing to do) that all ships had similar floorplans for OV.

I did find one website that indicates the OV do not have a sitting area, only balcony on up. Is this true? If so, we'll probably reschedule our Alaskan cruise for later in the season when we can get an balcony for a few $$ more than an OV in peak season.

Thanks!

I've been trying to find a floorplan for either the Pearl or Jewel showing the floorplans for an EE oceanview. We just off the Dream and assumed (wrong thing to do) that all ships had similar floorplans for OV.

I did find one website that indicates the OV do not have a sitting area, only balcony on up. Is this true? If so, we'll probably reschedule our Alaskan cruise for later in the season when we can get an balcony for a few $$ more than an OV in peak season.

Thanks!

Go to the freestyle section on the NEW NCL websites - select cabins tab, oceanview. You will get a mini movie of an outside. I believe they were done on the POHI and should be the same as the Pearl. No sitting area.

http://www.ncl.com/fstyle/

You're right, if you're to spend some time in your cabin, better have a good seating area. For me, cabin space is not very important since I don't spend time in there, it's just for sleeping and getting ready for the day or for the evening. Last cruise, I watched one movie in my cabin but that's the only time I used the cabin for anything else than its shower or bed.

Thanks!

This is not intended to be a criticism but I would not consider an Alaska cruise without a balcony cabin. There is something to see about 23 hours per day (during Summer). Without a balcony, you need to spend lots of time on deck with about 2000 other people. It could be very cold and rainy. Best choice is an aft balcony - facing rear. No wind, much warmer, panoramic view and if you are luck, like we were, whales could be following the ship.

Archived