Billed Twice

mlbcray

Help, I just looked at my credit card statement and noticed that NCL billed me twice for the same cruise. Do I fight with NCL or with AARP Travel for the credit???

are u sure isn't not a temp charge? Same thing happened to me and I watched until the charge went through and only one was charged to my Credit Card.

call the credit card company and dispute the charge. You can also contact NCL but you only have 60 days from the statement to notify the cc company

The Fair Credit Billing Act

To dispute a billing error on your credit card, you must:

Write to the credit card issuer at the address for "billing inquiries," not the address for sending your payments (the address for billing inquiries is often found on the back of your most recent monthly statement); include your name, address, account number and a description of the billing error.

Send your letter so that it reaches the credit card issuer within 60 days after the first bill containing the error was mailed to you.

Send your letter by certified mail, return receipt requested, so you have proof of what the credit card issuer received. Include copies (not originals) of sales slips or other documents that support your position. Keep a copy of your dispute letter.

It is important to send the letter to the correct company. In the case of Visa and MasterCard, you should send it to the bank that issued the card.

The credit card issuer must acknowledge your complaint in writing within 30 days after receiving it, unless the problem has already been resolved. And the credit card issuer must resolve the dispute within two billing cycles (but not more than 90 days) after receiving your letter.

Help, I just looked at my credit card statement and noticed that NCL billed me twice for the same cruise. Do I fight with NCL or with AARP Travel for the credit???

No need to fight - Call your TA tell them that the cruise they sold you was double billed. They should clear this quickly with NCL. Then follow smeyer418's advice.

Had the TA call this morning and found out that NCL did not bill me twice for the same cruise. Instead they double booked me for the same cruise. Thanks for all the great advice. They have it taken care of I hope. It will take 7-10 days to see the credit. 11 weeks and 5 days until we leave, not that I am counting.

Archived