Order of new ships coming down the Pike and other assorted queries

When is the Dawn officially leaving her NY home?

She is to be replaced by the Gem?

When is the Gem scheduled to make her maiden voyage to NY?

Are there any other changes to be anticipated regarding currently berthed Manhattan ships (others moving out and their replacements)?

The Pearl (my next scheduled cruise) is scheduled to be make her transatlantic in December?

Where will her "permanent" home be?

What other ships, besides the Pearl and Gem, are coming down the Pike for NCL?

Thanks!

W A W W

When is the Dawn officially leaving her NY home?

The Dawn's last cruise from New York starts October 28, 2007.

She is to be replaced by the Gem?

Yes.

Sorry, I don't know when. But it has been posted on this forum before.

Are there any other changes to be anticipated regarding currently berthed Manhattan ships (others moving out and their replacements)?

Yes. The Crown last New York and NCL cruise starts on October 28, 2007. The Spirit repos to New Orleans, it's last New York cruise, starts on November 3, 2007.

The Pearl (my next scheduled cruise) is scheduled to be make her transatlantic in December? Yes.

Where will her "permanent" home be?

The Pearl will spend it summer sailing from Seattle, it's winter sailing from Miami.

What other ships, besides the Pearl and Gem, are coming down the Pike for NCL? NCL has ordered new 150,000 gross tons ships to be delivered in late 2009, mid 2010, and has options for another that could be delivered in early 2011.

W A W W

It has not been announced yet. The first planned regular round trip from NYC is Nov 3, 2007 supject to change. Prior to that two departures from Dover, UK (No dates published & one the transatlantic to NYC) perhaps a couple one or two day cruises in NYC around the Christening.

General answer to your question some time in Oct 2007 if everything stays on plan,

It has not been announced yet. The first planned regular round trip from NYC is Nov 3, 2007 supject to change. Prior to that two departures from Dover, UK (No dates published & one the transatlantic to NYC) perhaps a couple one or two day cruises in NYC around the Christening.

General answer to your question some time in Oct 2007 if everything stays on plan,

PLEASE advise us when you see the possible one nights come up. Thanks

This thread makes me wonder what they'll replace the Majesty with when she retires. What will they do about the Boston to Bermuda cruise??? :eek:

At least Boston still has the Majesty next year (Summer 2007) and will probably in 2008 too. Houston is losing the Dream next spring, which will not return next fall, with no replacements.

As I forsee future events, the first F3 class will probably sail from Miami starting very late in 2009, which should free up two, but at least one, Star class ship sailing from Miami, which could then be used to replace the Spirit sailing from New Orleans, allowing it to replace the Majesty sailing from Charleston. By summer 2010, the second F3 class will probably sail from New York, either sailing with the Gem from New York, or allowing it to sail elsewhere. So, basically what you have is two new larger ships replacing two Star class ships, allowing two Star class ships (along with the Spirit) to replace the older retiring ships (Majesty and Dream).

Note, the retirng Wind will have already been replaced by the Sun, and the retiring Crown will have already been replaced by the Dream, at least during the winter season. Even the Dream is too large (over 700 feet long) to replace the Crown's summer Bermuda itineraries. By this time, the Spirit will be NCL's smallest ship. It is also too large to sail into St. George, and I doubt it would be allowed to stay docked at King's Wharf for several days. I would guess 7 day exclusive NCL cruises to Bermuda will end when the Majesty is retired. But that doesn't mean NCL will leave Boston. Instead, I see a 7 day itinerary to the Bahamas and Bermuda like the Spirit is doing this year from New York, in Boston's future.

Time will tell.

I also hope Houston will get another NCL ship soon when the new cruise facility is built. Time will tell again.

Tragic that the real bermuda cruises are going away. I'd encourage people to book these while they still can. A single day at King's wharf is no substitute for a small ship that can go to Hamilton & especially St. George.

I hope these megaships have several good size pools! Far more important to have good pools than some gimick like a bowling alley.

I care a lot about itineraries, but I know many more people don't. I think these megaships are too limited in where they can go. Even some places they can go, would be overwhelmed by the number of passengers involved. I'd try one if the itinerary was good, something other than the bahamas and caribbean.

Archived