Cruise-tours in China

Trainer

I am considering a river cruise tour in China for the Spring. Has anyone done a China river cruise, maybe combined with land and air portions? I know that Uniworld does several and I had a good Europe river experience with them. We aren't trying for the most expensive or luxurious, but would like to do a reasonably priced trip. I would appreciate any actual experiences and companies that satisfied you. Thanks for the help.

We did just such a tour last year with Viking and were quite pleased. You may find it of interest to review a journal that I wrote of that trip, along with some pictures, at http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/cmthomas/.

I cannot comment on other tour operators in China but from the viewpoint of having taken many trips the quality of the Viking Tour ranked right up with the best.

Clarence:)

We did our river cruise with Victoria Lines as part of our post cruise land package with Princess. We loved our time on the Yangtze and getting to know our travel mates a little more. We even had an imprompt discussion of Chinese government and history with our guide. it was very interesting to hear thing from another other viewpoint. one bad thing about Victoria's ships is that they don't have an elevator. We had two handicapped people who struggled with the stairs and weren't very happy about it.

If you'd like more details, check out my review under the Pacific Princess.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by - it may never come again.

Charlie

We did our river cruise with Victoria Lines as part of our post cruise land package with Princess. We loved our time on the Yangtze and getting to know our travel mates a little more. We even had an imprompt discussion of Chinese government and history with our guide. it was very interesting to hear thing from another other viewpoint. one bad thing about Victoria's ships is that they don't have an elevator. We had two handicapped people who struggled with the stairs and weren't very happy about it.

If you'd like more details, check out my review under the Pacific Princess.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by - it may never come again.

Charlie

Just returned from a China tour with Odysseys-Unlimited. It is our second tour with them and I highly recommend them because they limit their tours to 24 people, some even fewer. Our tour included Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Tibet, Chengdu, Shanghai, and a Yangtze River cruise on the Victoria Anna. This ship does have elevators, so to generalize and say that Victoria ships do not have them is incorrect.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I stopped considering the trip to China and booked it. My daughter and I will go with Uniworld on March7 to Shanghai and Bejing. The trip includes a four-day river cruise to the Gorges. But first I have to do my Princess cruise to the Panama Canal. Ah, the cruising life!

Archived