PH and non PH friends cruising together

LTC

DH and I are cruising on the Sun this Nov. with another couple. This is their first cruise and while we have cruised before, this is our first time in a PH. We got an upsell and they did not. We would like to take advantage of being served breakfast and dinner in our cabin by the butler, but we also want to spend mealtime with them. Can we invite them to have meals with us when we are "butlered" or is this considered a no no? Thanks for your help.:confused:

DH and I are cruising on the Sun this Nov. with another couple. This is their first cruise and while we have cruised before, this is our first time in a PH. We got an upsell and they did not. We would like to take advantage of being served breakfast and dinner in our cabin by the butler, but we also want to spend mealtime with them. Can we invite them to have meals with us when we are "butlered" or is this considered a no no? Thanks for your help.:confused:

I beleive you can, but you will most likely want to hear from those more fortunate souls that have had a bulter before.

I hope you have better luck with your butler than we did with ours. He was very hard to get hold of. Did not bring our breakfast two mornings. (finally showed up with the breakfast 90 Mins late after we had called him many times and eventually eaten in the buffet).

The relief Butler told us to go to the buffet one lunch time as the kitchens were preparing for dinner.

I think if we had invited our friends to eat with us everydaythat would have been too much for him. The one occasion where we did that for dinner one evening the food arrived 40mins late and was cold. He also bought all courses together and there was no table linens.

From what I have read on these boards our experience was not the norm but I dont think I would pay for the services of a butler again.

Woodley - which ship was that on?

On the Dawn, our butler was fantastic. Always prompt, food hot (or cold) as it should have been. We didn't have dinner in the room last time since we had a "dynamic duo" in the dining room that we looked forward to each night. However, if we are not blessed with finding a great waiter in April, we'll probably have dinner in the suite a few times.

Woodley, please don't let NCLA color your view of NCL (I know this has been discussed ad infinitum)

The butler service is well worth paying for and will make your next cruise on the REAL NCL an absolute dream.

LTC - You can have guests, and you can even have your meal served in courses, just arrange it with your butler beforehand! He's happy to make you happy!:D

Archived