Auckland, NZ what to do with luggage

mbg1040

We are taking a princess cruise from sydney to auckland in february, arriving in auckland early in the morning and the flights look like they don't leave until afternoon or evening. We would like to bum around the city prior to the flight, but we're not sure what to do with our luggage during that time. Does anyone know where we might be able to store our luggage?

Thanks,

Mindy & Joe

We are taking a princess cruise from sydney to auckland in february, arriving in auckland early in the morning and the flights look like they don't leave until afternoon or evening. We would like to bum around the city prior to the flight, but we're not sure what to do with our luggage during that time. Does anyone know where we might be able to store our luggage?

Thanks,

Mindy & Joe

Why not book a local auckland tour with a small independant operator, they would most likely be able to look after the baggage and also drop you direct to the airport. Saves a lot of meeing around with bags and coaches with lots of others. If you need any help to sort this out just Google "Shore Trips Auckland" and you will see a few companies who could help. Regards Ian [Tauranga]

• 1 month later...

I was told the travelers assistance at the airport will store luggage (even for several days) for a few dollars each bag per day. Travelers assitance is open 24 hours.

There is also http://www.xsbaggage.co.nz about 1-2 tenths of a mile outside the intl airport terminal gate. They are only open M-Sat (9:am-5:pm) but you can arrange to have your bags dropped off there and then pcik them up before yoru flight. Their prices per day go down for longer storage periods.

I reckon that KiwiIan's suggestion has huge merit. Put yourselves in the hands of some genuine Kiwi operators that are proud of their country, and get the best of both worlds. From my limited experience, once you have collected your luggage and disemabrked, you are on your own.!!If you must do your own thing then I would suggest that you wonder a few metres down from the embarkation builiding to the Hilton Hotel which is adjacent. (The hotel is part of the pier). Ask the front porter if they can look after your luggage...and indicate that you would like to use their bar for a while. That should be no problems .. I have stayed there and they appear pretty relaxed about these things. Watch out for the bar charges however..they do not miss..I paid NZ$18 for half a glass of wine back in Oct..ouch !!cheers

The latest trend these days I read about is shipping them ahead or home. A whole new industry is up and running because of poor airline baggage handling and security hassles. Cost is based on weight and when needed, right to your door.

Ian's insights are plugs. Merit?

The latest trend these days I read about is shipping them ahead or home. A whole new industry is up and running because of poor airline baggage handling and security hassles. Cost is based on weight and when needed, right to your door.

Ian's insights are plugs. Merit?

Yes, i have done just that, a courier service can work out a lot cheaper than paying an excess baggage fee. Shop around for a good deal, all the main players can do this [DHL etc]. Regards Ian [Tauranga]

Archived