2 month weight loss

Tinkerbell7

Hello Tinkerbell

I would be interested to about how to safely drop a dress size or two before my cruise in December as well. I know deep down I need to take in less calories than I use up and exercise more; but it never is that simple. Perhaps good motivational tips is what I need. I will keep coming back to the thread to see if there are any helpful suggestions.

Shellie x :)

You would have to lose 1.8 pounds a week to make that goal. I wouldn't try to lose any more pounds then that a week... I'm also working on loosing my 7 pounds before Dec.

There are different ways of eating work for different people. I personally would make a life style change.. But in order to lose weight like that I would cut out all soda and sugar. Start eating smaller amounts of food. Peoples eyes are bigger then there stumach... So eat ever bit every slowly. And EXERCISE every day if you can or at least 5 days a weeks for at least 45 minutes.

Some else may have other ideals but this is mine.. Don't STARVE your selve either...

Good Luck Kim

when i was losing weight i bought a fabulous dress that was too small, and i hung it on the door of my closet so that i saw it every morning and it motivated me to remember to eat healthy and exercise everyday-

the dress really worked for me and it looks great on me now :)

also, try to exericse first thing in the morning so that your day cannot get in the way of exercising and you have no excuse to skip a workout

good luck-keep us posted on your progress!

nancy

Kim,

Thanks for your advice. You have some great tips. I have two small children and have a hard time getting out, so I do pilates. Does that count as exercise? If not can you recommend some good types of exercise I can do indoors such as a video? I do yoga and pilates more than anything. Not often though.

Many thanks,

Paula

Pilates is good, just make sure to exercise at least 5 times a week and vary the workout (sorry, I don't know any good DVD names since it's not a method I use). 15 lbs in 8 weeks is very doable. Have you looked at South Beach Diet? It's a great site for a life change, really it is not a diet meant to lose weight, it's more of a heathy way of eating diet (by the way, the word diet means ''what you eat'' not ''loosing weight'' as many think). You will loose weight on South Beach, that's for sure.

South Beach Diet (SBD) is a 3 phase diet. You never get hungry on this diet, if you are hungry, you eat some good food, that's all.

1 - Strict but just to help stop the carbs/sweet cravings

No carbs except 2 milk/yogourt portions a day

Most people have a headache or don't feel very well after a few days but that will last only for 1-3 days (your system detox from carbs) and then you will feel great and learn that you don't need as much carb as you thought you needed.

2 - Many, many food options. Most Vegetables, lean meats and fish, low fat cheese are allowed with no quantity restriction (although they suggest a small/normal portion and you go for more only if you are still hungry). Over 3 weeks, you gradually increase the number of carbs allowed in a day (2-3 fruit a day, 2-3 whole wheat bread/pasta portions per day) + 2-3 milk/yogourt portions a day. There are vegetables/fruit they don't recommend on that phase but you would need to subscribe to their website for more info.

3 - Once you have reached you diet goal (within the healthy BMI range), then you switch to phase 3 and you stay on it for your entire life (remember, it's not a weight-loss diet, it's a way to learn to eat well). On this phase, you have learned to eat well and you simply continue to follow the good lessons you have learned but you can add any food you like, you simply add them one at a time and watch your weight, if you gain weight, it's because you over-indulged. If 1 piece/week of your favorite cake doesn't make your weight change, it's all right, have it and enjoy! It's just good life balance.

You can drink some diet soda, diet jello, candies but not too, too much, it would create other problems.

I know of great video that your kids will enjoy as well, you do it right in your living room. I really like it its low impact too so it is good for my knee which is great since I have trouble with it. It is called Leslie Sansones walk away the pounds. what I like about it is..its over before you know it and you follow what she is doing which is walking and all of a sudden she says by the way you just walked 3 miles! Wow was all I could think of. I too try to do it in the morning but for myself I prefer to do it in the evening when the house is quiet. When I started my youngest would do it with me and she is three. All of her videos are apparently really good, this is the only one that I have of hers though. Think she also has one that throughs in a food plan too to help with a healthier style change.

Good luck!:)

Used to put out this great aerobics video for kids called "Mousercize"..you could do it with your kids.

Kim,

Thanks for your advice. You have some great tips. I have two small children and have a hard time getting out, so I do pilates. Does that count as exercise? If not can you recommend some good types of exercise I can do indoors such as a video? I do yoga and pilates more than anything. Not often though.

Many thanks,

Paula

Cupidsarrow~The tape you recommend sounds great. I would love to have something where it feels like it is over really fast :D Also to have my children do it with me would be great. I think it is wonderful to start them early on a healthy way of life. Thanks!

Kalamari~My children would love this tape. I will have to get both of the tapes you all recommended and take turns. That way it would make it really fun for them. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Paula

You are most welcome! I forgot to mention she uses a stretchy band...I use the blue one but the yellow gives a little less tention. I think you and your kids will like it. Have fun, she has longer ones too, the one I told you is only 30 mins. Goodluck, and have fun on your future cruise!!

Just wanted to share...I have lost 2 pounds this week...which I know is just water...but who cares its 2 pounds I never want to see again...only 18 more to go!:D

it is perfectly safe to "lose a dress size or two" or take 15 pounds off in two months. Most bodies can safely burn(not muscle just fat) 3 pounds a week. make sure WHAT your eating is good for you. eat 5-6 times a day, lots of veggies, chicken breast grilled, lean meats, fish etc.

healthy fats like mono and polyunsaturated found in things like almonds are great for you, dont eat white bread eat whole grain nothing enriched.

doing these things and walking vigorousley for a half hour every day should defaintely get you to your goal SAFELY and with no muscle loss.

good luck.

You can do it. I am a lifer at Weight Watchers. I hit goal May of 2001. Recently I was up about 10 pounds and got serious to take it off. I was successful and am at goal again and free at WW. Good luck.

Cath

Hello all,

I will be cruisin' in about 8wks. Is it realistic to loose 15lbs? I am slightly overweight for my BMI and this would put me at a healthy weight. Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Paula

Archived