CSI Miami- what ship was that?

Taryn and Sarah

It is definitely an older ship but it simply could not be the Norway.

The Norway was run up on the ship breakers beach in Alang, India on August 15th to be cut up. For months before that it was tied up in India, litteraly, in a Court dispute over the environmental issues of breaking it on the beach. Apparently it is/was loaded with asbestos like most ships its age. The Courts finally let it go and I guess by now there isn't a whole left of her!:eek:

If you want to see where the old cruise ships go just Google "ship breakers". It is a facinating, if sad process. The first ship I cruised on in 1983..an old version of HAL's Statendam...wound up on the beakers beach in India.:(

So if that CSI episode was shot in Miami it had to be another older ship tied up there.

It was sure a great episode though!

When I read the guide about the episode I wonderd which of the cruise lines would be goofy enough to let a popular tv show use one of its ships as a murder scene!:eek:

Tom:)

It is definitely an older ship but it simply could not be the Norway.:)

If it is an older ship.........with a dark hull.........chances are it is the QM1............there are not any others ships as convenient to use...........and many movies have been shot aboard her.

Why not email CSI Miami and find out. I didn't see the episode, but I know most of the CSI Las Vegas episodes are filmed in LA.

I guess with all the computerized equipment today that anything is possible on the tv screen. It's hard to make LA look like Miami because of the landscape--too many mountains in LA and the Pacific Ocean is blue compared to the tropical aqua color of Miami water.

With the cold air setting in, I can only dream about that tropical weather in Miami. Can't wait to get there next winter. At least I can watch CSI Miami on a cold and dreary night.

You'll still see the occasional stock footage shot of Norway tied up in Miami. Obviously this footage was shot several years ago. With all the CGI effects in use, it's possible to hide a lot of things. You can't hide those red funnels, though. It was Queen Mary. And it was a terrible episode! It was a total rip-off of the George Smith case. Amd why was the captain wearing US Air Force rank insignia?

Did anyone see CSI Miami this week? They used a cruise ship in the Port of Miami- blue hull, old-school look to it. Anyone know what ship they used?

The ship used for this episode was the Queen Mary tied up in Long Beach CA. And yes, they do shoot much of the interiors for this show in CA.

It was the Queen Mary. Not only that, they filmed some of scenes in Long Beach as well. Here's how you can tell:

Look in the background on some scenes- you'll see what looks like little islands.

These are actually manmade island facades to dress up some off shore oil wells. You can see these from the QM.

I used to live in Long Beach, used to see them every day...

It was the Queen Mary. Not only that, they filmed some of scenes in Long Beach as well. Here's how you can tell:

Look in the background on some scenes- you'll see what looks like little islands.

These are actually manmade island facades to dress up some off shore oil wells. You can see these from the QM.

I used to live in Long Beach, used to see them every day...

I roamed around the web long enough to find http://members.aol.com/remiped/csi-miami-episodes.htm#SM4

scroll down to "Open Water" (422)

QM1 it is!

Archived