ATV Tour in Cabo

mom2m&a

We are cruising with our 2 boys (9 and 11) and are interested in doing an ATV tour in Cabo. We can book the Desert Park tour through the cruiseline (they won't book directly if you are on a ship) or I have also read about independent tours that take you to the desert and beach. The Desert Park tour sounds safer but the other one sounds more fun. Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone know how strict they are on the weight limits? We would like to have an adult and child on each ATV, but my husband is a big man and my kids each weigh 100 lbs. and we may be at the 350 lb. limit.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would suggest you call the ATV companies you're considering, or the booking agencies that are selling them, and ask about the weight limits. It's better safe than sorry.

I haven't done the Desert Park ATV, but if the others sound more fun, and since they're outside the ship are no doubt cheaper, why not?

All the tour companies will give you a safety demonstration, helmets, bandandas to keep out the dust, and goggles, and all have guides riding alongside or with you to make sure you're okay.

Archived