Actual hours in "air" from San Fran to Seoul please?

thetraveller28

SFO to Seoul takes about 10 hours - depending on the airline and route taken. That means lunch, dinner, a few drinks, a movie and you're there.

These days it takes longer to fly from San Fran to NYC - with many more airport and security hassles involved.

Trans-pacific flights are far more enjoyable than flying across the USA.

Noon SFO time is about 5AM Seoul time. To combat jet lag, I think the easiest thing to do is board a late night flight, STAY up about 6 hours (which makes it about 10:00PM Seoul time, if you board between 10PM and midnight). When you wake up, it will be early morning, Seoul time. Go out and DO something when you land. Don't go to your hotel and go to sleep. If you go to sleep after you land, you will have a LONG time to adjust. Have a normal day, then go to sleep Seoul time that evening.

I have flown to Vietnam/Cambodia 5 times in the last year. One time I took a day flight and felt lousy the entire business trip. I was so tired when I got back to the US, I slept for 2 solid days. The midnight flights out of LAX work very well, IF I stay up for 4-6 hours after I get on the plane. If I go to sleep right when I board, I pay for it, but not as bad as the the day flight

I always fly Business or First Class on Trans-pacific flights.

I get great meals and wines, a very comfortable bed to sleep in, a full night's sleep, and arrive refreshed and ready to enjoy my trip.

The extra expense is well worth it.

Business or First is only an option if you want to spend the extra money OR can use miles to upgrade. The difference in price is generally over $3000.00pp. Quite a chunk of money for 28 hours of your life.

EVA often has specials in Business and Evergreen Deluxe (like United E+ and BA Traveler +) is often only a couple hundred dollars more than regular coach. Currently, EVA is offering $900 to Phnom Phen, Cambodia from Seattle in coach. Evergreen Deluxe is $1168.00. Business class (and this is on their special) is $2768.00.

On EVA, you will stop in Taipei. Sometimes the flights onward leave almost immediately and sometimes there is quite a little wait. But the service is good and the savings are great for anything other than coach.

Archived