Diamond Suites

Seagarr

We are sailing on the Diamond December 2nd ... We have a "Guranteed Booking", vista suite. I noticed for the first time yesterday that there are several Full Suites Midship as opposed to aft.

Was wondering if anyone had comments about the mid ship suites as opposed to aft. I smoke cigars so am concerned if I am assigned midship adjoining balconies may be irratated as opposed to aft.

thanks

Seagarr

We have been on the Diamond twice in a mini suite. Both times were on the Dolphine deck midship. We lucked out with no smokers next to us.

My brother and his wife had one too and the smoke from the balcony in front of them was a big disappointment to them. They were not able to have their door open most of the time if the neighbors were out smoking.....the smoke all came around into my brothers area. Only a couple of times were they able to sit on their balcony so it was a waste of money for them.

It would be great if you were assigned an aft cabin......that would be nice for you too.

First, let me compliment you on being considerate enough to think of your balcony neighbors!! If only everyone was so considerate! :) (My DH was burned badly by cigar ash that fell on his chest while he was on our balcony.)

I haven't been on this ship yet, but I would prefer the midship suites to the aft because I have been in an aft suite on the Grand Princess and didn't like the excessive movement and noise back there. I do think you're right about the smoke though. In the aft section, the balconies are covered, so the smoke would circulate around your balcony & then be swept out to sea.

If you do get the midship location suite instead, when you first go out on your balcony, simply just ask your balcony neighbors if they mind if you smoke or if the smoke bothers them. At least this way, you've made an effort to be considerate. You can always smoke when they're not on their balconies. I've found most people just go out on the balcony for a little while, then go inside. Have a great cruise! :)

I had an aft balcony cabin on my last cruise. There was a cigar smoker directly below me and one cabin to the aft. I can tell you personally, that the cigar smoke came right up to me and smelled as if the person was smoking in my cabin. I did not say anything but it did lessen my use of balcony time. It is very nice of you to ask us and perhaps as already mentioned, you could ask your balcony neighbors if it bothers them.

Archived