Star Princess 12/16, velvet?

cuterlmt

I think you would be comfortable in the different interior ship areas, but I do think you would be uncomfortable outside in the open (humidity) air.

she has a point-if it is warm outside-you may not want to walk on the promenade deck.

I do know this-both of my winter cruises it turned off unusally cool for the caribbean-and that would not have been a problem.

You see plenty of velvet on cruises-it may not be "proper" but plenty wear it. My daughter actually wore a velvet shrug this last cruise-she wore it over a satin and sequiened cami and satin floor length skirt as she tends to get chilly in the dinningroom-but it would have been easy for her to remove that outside on deck.

I don't worry so much about " fashion rules" as I do comfort. Most people ignore those rules nowadays anyway.

Oh I don't care about fashion. I am all about comfort!

Oh you care or you would not posted here. What I meant was those rules about velvet and no white after Labor Day etc.-most people now dress by the weather instead of by Grandma's rules.

for ex.-it has only been hitting the high 50's here (Georgia) the last few days-although it is forecast to hit 72 this wkend-but even with it hitting in the 50's you STILL see idiots in shorts!

Now this wk.end I may very well have on capris! but I have put my shorts away until April! I dress for the weather!

IMO, the outfits sound wintery and I would choose differently. You will be in the tropics and IMO the climate and the locale determine the fabric and style that is appropriate.

I would not wear linen in the winter in NY nor would I wear velvet in the Caribbean in December.

JMPO.

We're doing the Western Caribbean on 12/16 for 7 days. All I have is velvet type formal wear, long sleeve, long dress. Will that be too hot and uncomfortable?

I am also wearing velvet for my January 7th cruise. I look at it this way - AC in various spots of the ship can be brutal, it gets cool quickly when the sun goes down and I for one will be dining well after sundown. Also, people from New York may think it is warm at 60 but I am from Las Vegas and grab jackets when it dips to under 70 degrees.

I am also wearing velvet for my January 7th cruise. I look at it this way - AC in various spots of the ship can be brutal, it gets cool quickly when the sun goes down and I for one will be dining well after sundown. Also, people from New York may think it is warm at 60 but I am from Las Vegas and grab jackets when it dips to under 70 degrees.

good point-dress for comfort-but then again-a gal in the midst of menupause and hot flashes-maybe not a good choice.

Archived