Aft Cabin on Deck 7 or Mini Suite on Deck 8?

Susan-M

We're booked on B2B cruises starting Oct. 1/07 - in an aft balcony cabin (7121). I've read several posts commenting on movement and vibration in the aft cabins, so I am considering upgrading to a mini-suite, mid-ship. My only concern with that is being on Deck 8 under the pool area. Any recommendations would be appreciated :)

We're booked on B2B cruises starting Oct. 1/07 - in an aft balcony cabin (7121). I've read several posts commenting on movement and vibration in the aft cabins, so I am considering upgrading to a mini-suite, mid-ship. My only concern with that is being on Deck 8 under the pool area. Any recommendations would be appreciated :)

Hi Susan:

We went through this same thought process and we have decided to go AFT deck 7. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth sailing. I did read on a review that someone had a mini under the pool area and did find there was a lot of noise from the chairs being pulled around when the deck area was being cleaned. If you go for a mini I would try and stay away from being under the pool or the pizza area. Have fun

I mentioned on another thread about our mini suite. We were in cabin 8033 and never heard any noise from above. I had read others with concerns about this before our sailing, but for 22 days we heard nothing. Our location was excellent. Don't know why anyone would make a comment about the pizza area on this ship. It is located in the buffet area and nobody would ever hear anything from it. Truly, that would not even be in the realm of concern.

We had some rough days, especially sailing to Rarotonga, and I was so glad we had a cabin mid ship. The mini suites on this ship are so nice and roomy. I would not hesitate at all going for one of them again.

We loved the Tahitian and would go again, espeically in a mini suite.

Have a great cruise.

Hulagirl

We were upgraded to a mini suite last May, 8007. It was a lovely room, but we were right below the ping pong tables. Every time someone played, we had to vacate the room, was thundering noise. Also, the minis forward of us, complained about noise from the gym area. It's too bad that they put these beautiful cabins right below the most active deck on the ship.

Archived