Nuku Hiva - Paeke 4wd and hike - how hard?

websailor

Has anyone been on the TP shore ex on Nuku Hiva - Taipivai Valley 4wd Overland and Hike? How hard is it really??????

The description says this:

SPECIAL NOTES The visit to the Paeke archaeological site involves an approximately 30 minute hike each way over very rugged and slippery trails. Only those in very good physical condition should participate.

My wife and I are in reasonably good shape (in our mid 50's, we're not teenagers anymore ;)) , do a 5 mile walk every Sunday on a paved walking trail....but she is afraid the "rugged and slippery trails" means it is something she can't do.

So if anyone has done this and can give us an idea what the hike part was like, we'd be very grateful!

I've looked around the web and saw lots of pictures on Nuku Hiva and the Paeke site, but no pictures of the trail..... :(

Maybe everyone was holding on for dear life :eek: and couldn't take pictures????

I've found a few pictures on the web from peoples trips there, but nothing to help me in regards to the trail. Princess says the trail has rocks up to 1 ft high...that's no biggie. Almost all the trails we go on in the Sierras have rocks...

Archived