Vung Tau, Sapphire Princess

bpwarne

Can anyone tell me where in Vung Tau the Sapphire anchors? I am aware it is Vung Tau and not Phu My. I am aware it does not dock but anchors/tenders. However, there are two harbours in Vung Tau I am told. Does anyone know any specifics. Princess is no help as usual, can or will only say it is Vung Tau.

Can anyone tell me where in Vung Tau the Sapphire anchors? I am aware it is Vung Tau and not Phu My. I am aware it does not dock but anchors/tenders. However, there are two harbours in Vung Tau I am told. Does anyone know any specifics. Princess is no help as usual, can or will only say it is Vung Tau.

Princess probably DOES NOT know and the Captain probably will not know until a day or two before docking.

Due to the limited dock space in Vung Tau, it is an ever changing dockage situation. Two months ago, I was shipping a container with Maersk out of Vung Tau. I did not know the exact dock until the ship actually arrived in Vietnam, had been unloaded and was ready to reload for the outbound shipments. Not much you can do about it.

If you are trying to book a private tour, the tour guide will probably know what dock you will be in before you do. Just let them handle it, unless you are dealing with just a taxi driver or something. Believe me, the tour operators and guides WILL find you.

Archived