Sailing Dream-Need a hotel in Houston

CruisinDoug

You need to be looking in La Porte-it's closest to the port. I have stayed in the Comfort Suites before, and it is very nice--I am staying at the LaQuinta Friday night before I get on the Dream--I'll let you know in a couple of weeks how it is.

Both are about 10 minutes from the pier, and both of these properties allow you to leave your car in their lot for the duration of the cruise. There is a shuttle available to and from the pier for $5 per person--

The previous poster was correct. The Port of Houston terminal is in/near LaPorte and there are several motels in that area. If you are driving and coming in early, you might also consider staying in the Clear Lake/NASA area where there are numerous hotels/motels and lots of restaurants. Just look for addresses of hotels/motels on Bay Area Blvd. or NASA Parkway (previously known as NASA Road #1). This area is less than 30 minutes from the port.

Also check out the Kemah Boardwalk area (http://kemahboardwalk.com) which is just south of LaPorte on Hwy 146.

Check with the City of Deer Park, or with the Deer Park Chamber of Commerce for hotel information. Deer Park is a small town/bedroom community 5 miles west of LaPorte. There are several new hotel/motels that have been constructed within the last two or three years. There are several small family owned restaurants, and chain stores close by. Deer Park is right on 225 which will take you to LaPorte.

Archived