famous fury vs. Eagle Ray Divers

tuzick

My next question is, should I worry about missing excursions not purchased with Royal C. because tender priority is given to those that purchase excursions through RC? I'd prefer to not hang out with the large crowds, but I've read a few folks missed their excursion in Belize because of this.

Thanks!

My next question is, should I worry about missing excursions not purchased with Royal C. because tender priority is given to those that purchase excursions through RC? I'd prefer to not hang out with the large crowds, but I've read a few folks missed their excursion in Belize because of this.

Thanks!

If you are arriving to Cozumel via a cruise ship, you are only allowed to purchase the Fury trip that your ship offers - the one offered to the public is later in the day and includes lunch but is only for folks vacationing on the island. Sorry it's a contract issue between Fury and the ships.

But the trips are apples and oranges - Fury-big catamaran that holds over 100 people or Eagle Ray-smaller wooden Carribean style boat with a maximum of 15 people and very personalized service.

Thanks!

I would not worry about missing the tour, because Eagle Ray Divers trips don't leave that early in the morning. We had plenty of time to shop around at the mall at the pier to kill some time before taking a cab to the marina that is 10-minute away.

Their boats are actually fiberglass, but they are styled like older wooden boats.

If you like crowds, go with Famous Fury. If you prefer a small group with underwater guide, go with Eagle Ray Divers.

I agree and would like to add this; if you want to drink alcohol with a large group and want to do a little "snorkeling", go with Fury, but if you really want to snorkel, and see stuff, go with Eagleray.

Archived