Our TA beat CruiseQuick by...

ekerr19

please e-mail me vjb223@aol.com
vjb, I'm sorry and I hope you won't misunderstand this but I am really careful about not sharing my email address with anyone I don't personally know. At this point I am fortunate enough to receive zero junk mail and it helps to keep my address private.

I really, really hope you don't take offense with that. It has nothing to do with you personally. If you would explain your question, I'll be really happy to answer it here.

I hope you understand my reasons.

Understand and don't blame you on not giving e-mail address. I just was curious when you said you check 10 or so sites for prices a month ahead of time before you book. I just wanted a recommedation of which agencys you like best as far as quotes. Not sure how to get that from you. I am not going to give out your e-mail mine is vjb223@aol.com it is up to you to respond, I promise I will not give to anyone...oh I approve of this message..ha ha

For a cruise I am looking at in Jan, I just got a quote from CQ that was $835 MORE than bpc's, and only $200 or so less than the HAL site. Maybe they don't want me as a customer, and gave me a high bid, LOL. I have emailed them a few times since booking my current cruise next month........No Problem Mon, LOL.:).

Marie

Very strange, but it would lead me to believe that CQ is still having a problem with HAL so in some cases they may not be the best agent to use for HAL cruises. Must be one heck of a cruise for that kind of money! If I deducted $835 off my cruise, the cruise would be less than free. I'm guessing you mean $835 for 2? It seems there's something totally wrong with that quote.

Heather - our savings CQ vs. our TA in Seattle was over $800 for four people (one cabin) for a 10-day Volendam in March. I haven't been able to find anyone to beat it so far. Also, we are hoping to get the third/fourth child rate for $299 pp once it is announced for 2005.

I always shop around quite a bit - only once did we find a better deal and our TA called HAL and they matched it.

No, $835 for ONE...solo rate...10 day on Rotterdam, Jan 15. Best rate I could find was bpc's at $1971, cat DD, lower promenade...CQ quoted the same cabin at $2806! Doubt I will take this cruise...would love to...maybe in 2006.

Marie

Marie: You need a cruise buddy. :D Wish I didn't have to work and I could cruise with you. Seriously, I read so many nice posts from people like you and LoisR and wonder why singles couldn't hook up for these cruises to save some money and be able to cruise more often.

We have met several single ladies who say that they just can't find anyone to cruise with them.

First let me say that I've never had a price reduction after booking a cruise. Now I have a question. All numbers are hypothetical.

Cruise line price is $1000.

TA sells me that cruise for $700.

Cruise line drops price to $900.

Am I entitled to price reduction? If so, how much?

Spender, my first reaction would be that you likely should get a reduction. Because from what I understand, agents base their charge to us so they always realize the same commission. Therefore, if the cruiseline lowers its price, the TA should be able to as well. I would contact the agent....as long as you haven't made your final payment. Then all bets are off.

Marie, I have little knowledge about single supplements. I'm also always amazed that 10 day cruises seem to cost so much more than 7 day when you average the cost per day. Missylou's right! Get a cruise buddysmile.gif . Our next cruise (Oosterdam) is a 7 day, but the cost with all taxes and fees came to only about $750pp and that's a BA category with a verandah.

Ekerr, wasn't sure whether you meant your TA did better than CQ or other way around, but if you meant your TA did that's great! There is one TA in our area that will pretty much match any internet rate. The only reason I don't use them is I'm too lazybiggrin.gif . I hate all that going back and forth. Once I see a great rate, I snap it up.

Spender, my first reaction would be that you likely should get a reduction. Because from what I understand, agents base their charge to us so they always realize the same commission. Therefore, if the cruiseline lowers its price, the TA should be able to as well. I would contact the agent....as long as you haven't made your final payment. Then all bets are off.

Marie, I have little knowledge about single supplements. I'm also always amazed that 10 day cruises seem to cost so much more than 7 day when you average the cost per day. Missylou's right! Get a cruise buddysmile.gif . Our next cruise (Oosterdam) is a 7 day, but the cost with all taxes and fees came to only about $750pp and that's a BA category with a verandah.

Ekerr, wasn't sure whether you meant your TA did better than CQ or other way around, but if you meant your TA did that's great! There is one TA in our area that will pretty much match any internet rate. The only reason I don't use them is I'm too lazybiggrin.gif . I hate all that going back and forth. Once I see a great rate, I snap it up.

Heather - Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer... Yes, our TA beat almost everyone I could find, so far. :)

Spender - We've always had HAL match any advertised price, twice after final payment. I continue to monitor the internet for sales, when I find one, I let my TA know, she calls HAL and (this is important) if the sale price is valid, we get the reduction. Many times we find the internet site has incorrect pricing, or pricing for a different category than what they've advertised.

Yes, the solo rate for the 10 day cruise is just crazy. I won't be going.

My solo rates for my 7 day to NE/Canada, and my upcoming Alaska trip was not even close to that crazy rate. Maybe someday I'll take that particular itinerary, but not now.

MISSYLOU - After you retire, we'll cruise :). I would cruise with Lois anytime too.

Marie

Our TA also beat *****.com's lowest quote by about $400. I'm pretty happy with the price we have been quoted - I don't think we'll be able to do much better.

Additionally - we received our August 2004 edition of Conde Nast

Magazine, which recommends our TA as the best TA to use for booking any HAL voyage...

I don't think we'll be able to beat that!

Archived