Internet connection ?????

eleang

Matt-No but I seem to remember GrannyLorr stating that she had a lot of wireless problems on her cruise and was forced to use the Horizon lounge on the Spirit in order to get a connection. It may be isolated to the area around her stateroom (Granny...what was your room number??). I'm always midship, lower down (for stability) and never had a problem in that area.

Thanks XPLRCRZN, we are midship as well so hopefully will not have any problems, good to know is wireless. In the travelogue of the current Legend Crossing thread someone just asked about internet fares, I will ck for that info there.

Hey all. I just saw this thread....glad someone posted the question...and wanted also to chime in with my two cents' worth. I was thinking of bringing my laptop on the 12/2 - 12/9 Barbados/Barbados Pride cruise, but now that I've seen the info about the connection maybe not working so well in the forward cabins...what do you think? On the Legend in April I used the internet room, which was okay...but I love my little laptop. That being said, it weighs alot to be hauling it across the entire US of A!

I haven't got my suite assignment yet...but something tells me they'll be hauling the anchor into my closet again *wink*. That's code for....I was WAY in the front last time!

Jane :p

I haven't got my suite assignment yet...but something tells me they'll be hauling the anchor into my closet again *wink*. That's code for....I was WAY in the front last time!

Jane :p

LOL you are so lucky, BB thinks now he should have not gone Run of the Ship LB class and hope the upgrade Fairies would get him an anchor suite. rofl.gif But he will be taking his Powerbook and reporting on WiFi he sees in his lifeboat.

Blackie,

I can not believe you said you should not have booked "Run Of The Ship!" I have stayed in balcony suites, Deck 6 numerous sailings, have stayed on Deck 5 many times (balconies & windows).....on our Pride Crossing (last month) I had Suite 133, Deck 4.....it was my favorite of all Suites! (I booked Suite 137 for my Dec. cruise)

Suite 133, by the stairwell, and I enjoyed being close to the "Port Entrance--Deck 4." On the Ocean Crossings, Deck 4 is preferred.

A 'lit gossip~~~when our friend, "Micky" sails Seabourn, he requests Suite # 100~~~(the lowest catagory and usually reserved for Guest lecturer's and Guest entertainers)

Have fun, as I know you will!:D

Pinkie

LOL I will probably alway book R of S just not LB Cat... maybe Cat A :D:D

On topic, I wonder if all the sisters have the same WiFi problems or does it change from ship to ship. The computer geek in me thinks it would be a little different from ship to ship. IE WiFi may not work in 100 on say the Sprirt but would work on the Pride...

Blackie,

As you are aware, I am a "total computer idiot".....sooo I can not answer your questions. I do not "darken" the door of the Business Center while aboard the ships. If I need to send mail, I just sweetly ask my "Radio Man" to send it off~~~

I do know many Sailor's have their Computers on board.

Would Wally know the answers? Club Desk?

Pinkie

Pinkie

Probably the "radio man" on each sister knows from pass guests what are the problem with WiFi suites. In one of my posts on the new ships, I suggested that all rooms have an Lan connection in place so if WiFi does not work the computer person could provide a cable for a guest to use. I know on the RSSC Mariner there is a Lan connection on the "desk" but I do not know if it is wired up. Think of a telephone jack that may or may not be good. ;)

BB-No LAN connection on these ships. Each has a technical/internet officer--usually fairly competent.

No I was suggesting that for the new ships. One of the new ships will be used for World Cruises and having a LAN connection will insure there was no suite that you could not connect to the Net from. 99% would use WiFi but I would not want to be in the 1% that could not do the net from my suite. :)

Hey all. I just saw this thread....glad someone posted the question...and wanted also to chime in with my two cents' worth. I was thinking of bringing my laptop on the 12/2 - 12/9 Barbados/Barbados Pride cruise, but now that I've seen the info about the connection maybe not working so well in the forward cabins...what do you think? On the Legend in April I used the internet room, which was okay...but I love my little laptop. That being said, it weighs alot to be hauling it across the entire US of A!....

Jane,

I brought my laptop on my last two Seabourn cruises and both times I had forward suites (Deck 4, Suite 103 on the Spirit and Deck 4, Suite 117 on the Legend). I had no problems with connecting to the internet either time. HTH

Lisa :)

Jane,

I brought my laptop on my last two Seabourn cruises and both times I had forward suites (Deck 4, Suite 103 on the Spirit and Deck 4, Suite 117 on the Legend). I had no problems with connecting to the internet either time. HTH

Lisa :)

Tks Jane, that is excellent news, I'll be in 213 in the Legend which is one deck up and not too far from 117 so I should be fine. :D

GrannyLorr reporting in! We were in Suite 306...the wi fi worked for the first week in our suite...then "poof" it disappeared! I used The Club a couple of times, but mostly the Horizon Lounge where it worked most of the time. There were quite a few people in the lounge with their laptops, so seems a lot of the suites werent working very well. I wrote all my emails, Blogs, CC etc off line (in my suite)...then just connected to "send"....still cost a fortune though.....

Tks Granny for the info, in which of the triplets were you traveling, and was it too long ago?, I'm hoping the problem has been fixed by now, just in case I called Seabourn and moved from 213 to 217 that is more midship, they said no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived