Which Cruise line?

old bag

We are planning on sailing to Bermuda next summer. It's just as easy for us to get to NYC, Bayonne, Philly or Baltimore -- as such the port we sail from matter's little. I could use some help in deciding -- which cruise line should we sail on?

RCCL's Voyager seems out of the question because of it's size and short stay -- plus we could sail on X's Zenith for the same price for more time in Bermuda at better ports.

Radisson looks very promising with it's two for one sailing, fewer passengers, and larger rooms.

We would prefer a large room without a balcony because we are sailing with children, and I sleep better with one less door to worry about. We DO NOT make use of any children programs -- so that matters little, though a pool they can swim in is nice. Seven Seas, with the potential excursion to Williamsburg seems interesting.

Any thoughts?

Bonnie

The horizon from Philly does virtually the identical itinerary to Bermuda and the prices this year have been less than the same week on the zenith. I'm going 7/24 (fwiw I paid $865pp for an outside guarantee that ended up being a category six - which would have cost several hundred more $$ if I had booked that category directly).

As much as I want to try a Voyager class ship, 5 days isn't long enough and I don't think I could handle the crowds.

We would highly recommend RSSC's Seven Seas Navigator which we took to Bermuda in May. A great ship which will spoil you for other cruise lines. We also took advantage of the 2 for 1 rates. They do have non-balcony suites, very large. If interested, you can find my review at:

[url]www.cruisereviews.com/RadissonSevenSeasCruises/SevenSeasNavigator4.htm[/url]

Hey Dophins,
It was actually your review that made me think of Radisson. However, given my children are young and we want to keep them in the room with us, it doesn't look like this cruise is for us as the rooms without balconies only hold 2 or 3 people -- not enough. For us to all be in one room WITH THE two for one deal -- hold you breath -- over $14000. That's WITHOUT a flight. We could get connecting rooms for about $10000.

We can do two cruises for that money or Hawaii for 10 days. If we didn't have children, I really don't see a better deal, while they offer the two for one. I especially like that Radisson's ship will be in Port at Bermuda with the Voyager of the Seas or the Grandeur of the Seas isn't.

Bermuda seems like such a small island, I do wonder what 3000 extra people will do to the beaches.

I also really liked that they stopped in Norfolk -- I would have loved to have taken the children to Williamsburg -- I guess we're just going to have to drive there some time in the future.

I thought about what Sue in Philly said -- as well.

Sue, why would Horizon be cheaper than Zenith??? Sure it's a little older of a ship, but it can't be that much different?
(oh and from a completely different post of yours -- I'm with you -- if I don't have to buy the food, put it away, cook it, serve it and clean up after all of that -- I tend to lower my standards as to what I consider enjoyable. Though, deep down, I love a truly good meal. I'll praise great food, and munch down served food, smiling the entire time!)

As of now, we're waiting to see the Celebrity prices (and waiting and waiting).

I appreciate your feedback and if anyone else has thoughts, let me know.

Bonnie

Archived