Volendam South Pacific 2008 or Bust......

Old As Dirt Mom

MY HUSBAND HATH SPOKEN! Occasionally he does request my compliance in domestic arrangements, and this time he is most adamant. He wants to build an enclosed garage next year. It seems we cannot build a garage, send a daughter to college, and go on a cruise simultaneously:eek: . So no cruise for 2007:( ........Good bye, Sun Princess, Seattle to Sydney......

.......BUT! He believes we can do the 2008 Volendam repositioning from Seattle to Auckland, and then the next leg on to Sydney!!!:) It's a great itinerary, with stops in Fiji, Samoa (both of them), Vanuatu, New Caledonia, lots of ports on both the North and South islands of New Zealand, Tasmania, and Melbourne, among others! Even a stop in L.A., so Copper John, be forewarned! I've booked the Seattle-Auckland and Auckland-Sydney segments today!! Time to start saving money.......

If anyone else is interested, let me know, and we'll start our roll-calls!!!:D

Pssst.....(do you think I could convince hubby we need a "quickie cruise" somewhere in the meantime.....?;))......sshhhh.....oh, well, probably not.....

Karin

Bona Fide HAL Cruise Nut

Sounds wonderful !! We are planning a 2008 cruise to Asia, also, and want to know if you recieved any 'early booking incentives' ?:p

We got some for our upcoming 2007 cruise and wonder what they are going to do for 2008. Thanks, MaryAnn

Oh, Karin, this is a lovely itinerary! You have something very special to look forward to.

And since you're being so agreeable about no real cruise in '07 your husband should be agreeable about taking a short one. How about one of the coastals just to tide you over. ;)

Sounds wonderful !! We are planning a 2008 cruise to Asia, also, and want to know if you recieved any 'early booking incentives' ?:p

We got some for our upcoming 2007 cruise and wonder what they are going to do for 2008. Thanks, MaryAnn

Hi MaryAnn, I know you'll enjoy planning your 2008 Asia cruise; planning is almost as much fun as going!:) I honestly don't know if we received any early booking incentives; sorry to not be helpful. We work through a TA who works with HAL's sales office, and they offer her the "best available rate", whatever that may be, mariner or early booking or group rate. The trip we've chosen is not one of the 2008 "Grand Voyages", so the incentives available may not be on the same scale as those offered for the longer cruises. All I know is the rates we were quoted are a little lower than the published rates. Are you looking at the Seattle to San Diego Asia/Australia/Polynesia voyage on Amsterdam?

Karin

ps And yes, Ruth, one of the coastal cruises was an itinerary I had up my sneaky sleeve.;)

K.

Thanks, Karin for the quick reply.

Yes, that is the cruise we have planned.!!! We have a reservation of $100 ea. put down and the TA is waiting to be called for the booking info. Of course, I don't wait very well ;) so I want to know everything and alot of the time will tell the TA instead of the other way around !! He is very good but I 'cruise' the boards and pick up alot of info., as we all do.

As It's a Grand Voyage, I think, as you do, that it will be of a different structure.

Have fun planning, MaryAnn

Archived