First time posting here

DreemWeaver

ok, I love to cruise. I've only been on two cruises. I am 52 years old, African American female. Very young at heart. 5'4", about 170 pounds right now (trying to lose). I would love to find someone to cruise with. I am married but hubby does not like cruising, and is a homebody. I am not. Doesn't mind me traveling. I am sorta quiet but I like to have fun. I admit that I do not scuba dive or snorkel. I can't swim. But I enjoy cruising and seeing new places. I would like to find someone to cruise with. Some info about me: I do not smoke. I quit a year ago and one month ago. But I do not mind the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't snore loudly, as far as my husband says. I may mumble in may sleep. I like sightseeing. I would just like someone to cruise with.

Su

Hi Su, I have kinda the same problem. My wife's disability keeps her from extended cruising so I sometimes travel alone. I'm going solo this weekend on the Dawn and the NCL Roll Call has identified a number of people I can associate with on the cruise. I wish you luck in your search but don't be afraid to go it alone, there's alot of others just like you out there. Danny

Hi Su:

I agree with Danny. All three of the upcoming cruises in my signature space have been booked solo. Sure, I would have been fine going with a good friend or, if I had one, a significant other. But the lack of a cruising partner isn't stopping me. Unless you absolutely need someone to share the cost in order to make it affordable, I say go ahead and book the cruise that best suits you. You never know, a great friend may not be found ahead of time, but while on board. Going solo means you will have lots of opportunities to meet others.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Su,

My last cruise had at least 20 solo cruisers and all were having a great time. If the single supplement is do-able for you I would recommend going on your own. My favorite (and most necessary) reason for solo cruising is getting the bathroom all to myself! Also, there are on-line companies (some have been mentioned on CC) that will hook you up with a room mate.

Whichever way you go, have a great time.

Archived