Just because of you - gift baskets (MERGED)

dodygirl

i spoke directly with shelley...they must have stopped doing it yesterday after you called or today...but its definitely not allowed anymore..im just glad i decided to order my stuff early!

Since that last post you just responded to...

We spoke with Shelley just now and she said that all orders that that were taken and processed already would be honored.

She asked that we would let people know about this on Cruise Critic if we were on the boards.

We told her we saw problems with orders on this thread and she asked if we would let people know if they had placed an order already, that they would all be honored.

Bob:)

Wait a sec- so this is for real? What happened?

We just got a price list last week, and were planning on calling for our trip in Jan. TOMORROW TO PAY!!

that is very unfair- we are sailing out of FLL.. does this mean we are definitely out of luck getting any alcohol gifts delivered to our cabin?

I think you are sailing on the Enchantment on Jan. 6th. The message board for that specific cruise has very little activity. I am sure there are lots of CC people on this cruise. I did a post on it (double post by accident) in an attempt to get more people to post & perhaps set up a CC meeting early in the cruise. It would be great if you could do some posting on this site also. Thanks.

Oh yeah.. no prob.. I have been posting some questions... a little busy lately with a winter storm heading our way! (Hence, the "Weatherman" part of my name!)

As far as Just Because of You goes, do you guys think its worth it to call her and tell her my sailing is still a little ways a way in Jan.. maybe things will change by then?

What about having my TA calling and ordering it for me? Any chance that will work betteR?

Oh yeah.. no prob.. I have been posting some questions... a little busy lately with a winter storm heading our way! (Hence, the "Weatherman" part of my name!)

As far as Just Because of You goes, do you guys think its worth it to call her and tell her my sailing is still a little ways a way in Jan.. maybe things will change by then?

What about having my TA calling and ordering it for me? Any chance that will work betteR?

I would call and talk to them directly. It only takes a few minutes to call and talk to them.

They are real easy to deal with and you will not be on the phone for to long.

Having your TA call would be a waste of time in my opinion.

Bob:)

Can someone help me on this...I know all about the alcohol end of it, but what about flowers, and fruit and any type of chocolates? I mean I'm driving to my port so can I bring any of these items for myself or are there restrictions?

Hi Rsscaptain, They had flowers for sale on the Explorer in Oct. so I think you can order them for your room and I know you can also order candy from RCCL to be delivered to your room. Check the website as it's on there of what you can order to enhance your cruise! :) You can always pack the candy and fruit in your luggage yourself. If they let an outside company deliver flowers I do not see any reason why you can't bring your own flowers too. However, there are rules about bringing flowers or fruit OFF the ship and you have to go thru a special deal for that which is just not worth it. So enjoy the flowers and fruit on the cruise before you return home! :)

It's interesting that only hard liquor is affected. HHHMMMMM..............

I was only planning on wine, champagne and beer, so this won't affect me. Still, it's a head-scratcher. :)

I agree, it seems odd only hard liquor is excluded because of 1 rude passenger? People can get rude on beer and wine also, doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

I would like to add how helpful Shelley has been to me. She was able to locate a particular brandy that my DH favors and at a really good price as well! I will report in after our cruise (we leave next Monday) and give a full report, but to date... the experience has been very positive. It does sound like she is swamped, however, so I understand her frustration if a customer decided to be too rude to deal with!

A~

A, which one? :)

Carol, believe it or not my DH is a big fan of Jacquin's Wild Cherry Brandy (right now ;) )... a very common brandy that you can get anywhere around here... apparantly not the case where Shelley is located! :rolleyes:

Whatever, she was able to find it and it is supposed to be included in our order on Monday! DH is unaware that I have placed the order, and should be pleasantly surprised!

A~

Is It Monday Yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

we have 65 degrees at 6AM this morning. 25 mph winds have started & will grow to 60 mph by tonite as the cold front blows in dropping us to highs in the 30's and lows 20's. So I got the glass door panels inserted & screens in the basement this morning.

Carol, believe it or not my DH is a big fan of Jacquin's Wild Cherry Brandy (right now ;) )... a very common brandy that you can get anywhere around here... apparantly not the case where Shelley is located! :rolleyes:

Whatever, she was able to find it and it is supposed to be included in our order on Monday! DH is unaware that I have placed the order, and should be pleasantly surprised!

A~

You are SUCH a nice wife! ;)

I'm thinking about just getting wine, champagne and brandy. The liquor sounds SO high, in comparison with bar prices, while the wine prices are SO much lower than RC's, that there is real savings (and convenience) there, in having what RC doesn't. Booze is booze; wine is the nectar of the gods! ;)

You are SUCH a nice wife! ;)

I'm thinking about just getting wine, champagne and brandy. The liquor sounds SO high, in comparison with bar prices, while the wine prices are SO much lower than RC's, that there is real savings (and convenience) there, in having what RC doesn't. Booze is booze; wine is the nectar of the gods! ;)

Actually, that is what I got... wine, asti and brandy... and a 6pack of corona for kicks ;) I feel the same about the strong stuff... never mind the fact that I spend 24-48 hours nursing a hangover when it come to hard liquor... there' just not enough time on the ship (for me) for that nonsense! ;)

A~

we used just because of you / shelley for our explorer of the seas nov 19 sailing- 5 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of beer to 2 cabins- was delivered after dinner - early seating- our ta used the service as well- it was great not having to worry about wine bottles in the luggage- shelley included a corkscrew- prices were like 10 -15 per bottle and the beer was about 26 or so- will use this company again- very nice and informative lady- hope next yr they are able to deliver vodka to the ships-

Archived