Noordam NYC

dkennedy

I am considering Noordam out of New York in late January. Has anyone sailed out of New York in winter and can tell me how long before you can be in a bathing suit on deck without freezing? Also any comments on Noordam would be appreciated. Have never sailed with Holland America-only experience is with Celebrity, Royal Carribean and Silversea.

Sailed last Dec. and smooth sailing going out, a little rocky (not bad) coming home. It takes a good day and a 1/2 and u can sit outside on a lounge in the sun. Next day you can swim. Going again this Dec. (We were on the Dawn and not too happy with the ship).

I am considering Noordam out of New York in late January. Has anyone sailed out of New York in winter and can tell me how long before you can be in a bathing suit on deck without freezing? Also any comments on Noordam would be appreciated. Have never sailed with Holland America-only experience is with Celebrity, Royal Carribean and Silversea.

Do a search containing Noordam, New York.. There is alot of comments and advice on previous threads..

Will be on the ship in late Jan. :D

Traveled on the Dawn from NYC in Feb., two years ago. Taking the Noordam in Feb. One thing I did learn is to bring warm clothes for the first day at sea and the last day at sea. It just seemed cold on the ship when it was cold outside. Going out on the decks the first and last day can be very chilly. The seas can be rough, I got sick on the way down, took Bonnie and was fine the rest of the voyage. It's a great trip leaving from NYC, a day at sea to unwind and relax, the next morning your laying in the sun and swimming. Doesn't get much better than that.

We sailed out of NYC last February and it was smooth all the way. The following afternoon my son was in the pool. They say the Noordam has a retractable roof over the pool but I don't know if its climate controlled and ready for swimming right away.

I sailed on Noordam in March, and the main pool is covered, climate control, and available day 1.

Having sailed from NYC a few times, things generally warm up enough to be outside by the mid-end of day 2. You will love the Noordam.

Archived