Panama canal Itinery question

CRUZINSUZI

I'm trying to choose a cruise to the Panama canal next fall. I'm hoping for some input from anyone who's been there. I've narrowed it down to 2 cruises...the only itinery difference is one spends a day in Cristobal Pier, Panama....the other a day in the Grand Caymans...(which I love..)

Anyone been to Cristobal Pier?

Also one cruise leaves Sept 29th (15 days) the other Oct. 14 (14 days)

Is it still really hot then?

Thanks for any help....

Sue

We just came back from a San Fran to Ft. Laud through the Panama on Sept 20 cruise. It was not hot at all. Really surprised us as we had been through at other times and had been real hot. If you are going through the canal it takes most of the day to transit the Canal. We had about 3 or 4 hours at the pier in the evening. I would suggest staying at the pier if that is all the time you have. If you go into the city you should really do a tour for safety sake. We had a great time at the pier. Many of the vendors are from the San Blas Islands with many hand crafted things. This was the only place I bought any souvenirs because they were beautiful. We were also able to sit down at some areas and have drinks. Very clean and friendly. We also love the Caymans, but find the prices there higher than in the US and tend to stick to tours we pick up at the docks for less money. We love StingRay City. Hope this helps. Have a great time.

thanks for your reply billscuiser...I have another question... which side of the ship is best for viewing when you are on going thru the canal? I was trying to get an aft balcony but looks like they're booked on the cruise out of sf.. thanks again for the help

Archived