Tequila Beach?

samtig

We were there in May this year and had a good time. The beach was big and clean, not crowded. I think we paid $30 or so pp. They have a shuttle bus to take you down there. There is a shopping strip right there with small vendor stands. It was fun. Your admission includes food and alcohol. They only had two or three waitors for the beach the day we were there, so service was a little slow, but you could always walk up to the bar. The food was good. Nachos, quesadillas, etc. They have a website, it's island marketing that runs it. http://www.costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaPort.htm

Our group had a VERY bad experience with thier boat excursion. Some of our guys went out on a fishing boat and the engine caught fire. There weren't any fire extigushers on board so they had to put out the fire with the drinks they had on board. The crew was clueless. It was very scary. I would definatly recommend staying away from any of those activities. We didn't find out about the incident until we got back to the ship.

• 2 months later...
We were there in May this year and had a good time. The beach was big and clean, not crowded. I think we paid $30 or so pp. They have a shuttle bus to take you down there. There is a shopping strip right there with small vendor stands. It was fun. Your admission includes food and alcohol. They only had two or three waitors for the beach the day we were there, so service was a little slow, but you could always walk up to the bar. The food was good. Nachos, quesadillas, etc. They have a website, it's island marketing that runs it. http://www.costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaPort.htm

Our group had a VERY bad experience with thier boat excursion. Some of our guys went out on a fishing boat and the engine caught fire. There weren't any fire extigushers on board so they had to put out the fire with the drinks they had on board. The crew was clueless. It was very scary. I would definatly recommend staying away from any of those activities. We didn't find out about the incident until we got back to the ship.

Is this the company they used: http://www.*****.com/Tour_SportFishing.cfm?

I read on their website that the 8 person boat was "undergoing routine maintenance" until May 1. We have a group of guys who are wanting to fish while we are there and this is the only boat big enough to accomadate them. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Just off the Glory, 1/13 and I did Tequila Beach club, it was very nice. I didn't do it as part of an excursion, just took the $2 bus to Majahaual (sp?) and then walked from there. We didn't pay to use the beach but bought some drinks and lunch. They have banana boats, jet skies, etc for rent if you want. It was one of my most enjoyable days!

HUH??? Taquila Beach and Mahaul are at two diffrent ends of the port area?? Taquila is north and Mahaul is south?? How can you walk on to the beach? Are they free??

You have to take a Taxi, or rent golf carts to get to either Taquila Beach or Mahajual. Taquila Beach is on the way to Mahajual, but very close to Mahajual. All the beaches in Mahajual are free (Mexican law), but it would be courteous to buy drinks and/or food from the vendor who is providing the shade and chairs for any one area of beach your using....

You've read the post on "Costa Maya Port Overview" right? So you know where the taxi stands are at the peir...

Archived