Booking cruise on board

Janet524

Is there any advantage to booking a cruise while on board - discounts, on board credit, etc? Also can your travel agent get credit for the booking if you do it yourself on board? Getting packed for the Maasdam on Nov. 19th - can't wait!

Janet,

Depending on the itinerary there may be some promos for booking on board. I think, however the days of on board credits and bottles of wine for booking on board have passed on over the the last few years. You can transfer your booking to your TA and still receive whatever booking credits still exist.

Have a great time on Maasdam, she's a great ship.

GN

DD and I booked our on-board sort of after a lot of dealing with Seattle in Jan (we were cruising last Christmas). The best was the deposit only $100! What a deal, then we had all year for the balances. For me on a very slim income it was a real treat.

Linda

DD and I booked our on-board sort of after a lot of dealing with Seattle in Jan (we were cruising last Christmas). The best was the deposit only $100! What a deal, then we had all year for the balances. For me on a very slim income it was a real treat.

Linda

I can honestly say I have never heard or seen of the $100 deposit at least not with HAL but who knows:confused: I have booked 6 cruises while one board. Three last year while we were on the Maasdam for our 2006 cruises and I booked another 3 while we were just on the Veendam in September for our 2007 cruises.

Here is the most recent information that was printed and given to us when we booked three cruises while on the Veendam in September.

The OnBoard Credit depends on the category of cabin you select as well as the length of the cruise.

7 -11 day voyage Inside $25 PP Outside $25 PP Verandah (VA/A - VF/BC)$35 PP Deluxe(PS - S/SY) $50 PP

12 Days or longer Inside $50 PP Outside $50 PP Verandah $75 PP Deluxe $100 PP

Because one of the cruises I booked was not 7 days I did not receive the ship board credit for that cruise although all were S Suites.

To book on board, you must place your deposit then...usually about a year in advance in many cases.

I think the OBC they offer is quite poor for booking on the ship so far in advance.

Have received $100pp OBC booking Verandah 9 months in advance, and $125pp OBC booking Superior Verandah 4 months in advance.

This in addition to waiting/ finding the on-board cruise consultant/ spending your valuable vacation time doing so just doesn't make sense.

Archived