Miami Port to Ft. Lauderdale airport

RRNBA

Cruise arrives in Miami with flight departing Ft. Lauderdale. How much travel time should I allow to Ft. Lauderdale airport. Concerned that I will not get off ship in time to make flight with current security measures (port & airport). Flight is around 12 noon.

Thanks for your help!!:)

Cruise arrives in Miami with flight departing Ft. Lauderdale. How much travel time should I allow to Ft. Lauderdale airport. Concerned that I will not get off ship in time to make flight with current security measures (port & airport). Flight is around 12 noon.

If you're flight is at 12 Noon that means you need to be at the airport by at the very least 10 AM and it takes about 35-40 minutes from the port to FLL which means you would need to be leaving the port area by 9 - 9:15 AM.....I doubt you will be off the ship before 9AM.

I suggest you change your flight time. The cruise lines always say do not schedule flights before 2PM to avoid problems.

Piece of cake, go for it.(unless it's Super Bowl weekend, then all bets are off) ;)

I never get to FLL 2 hours before my flight. Usually an hour and I check in online 24 hours in advance. Of course, its a gamble. But, I have been fine. I would try to be the first group off the ship if possible. Obviously a bit later flight would ease the stress, but I think you can make it.

If you are flying out on a Sunday, you may be a little close on time for a 12:00 departure. I would definately carry my luggage off the ship and ask for one of the first off departures. Don't take anything in your carry on that will delay you at security. (Been there done that!)

Archived