fav aft cabin/ship/itinerary?

cruisinclergy

I was having a discussion with some fellow cruisers the other day and we got to wondering,

"What's the best aft cabin (exluding suites) on the best ship with the best itinerary?"

We know this is purely subjective, but thought the results might be interesting.

What's your opinion?

I much prefer the ships that have open public decks at the back of the ship with lots of loungers than paying a premium for an aft cabin. The Regal Princess is terrific this way -- all of the aft deck areas are open and public. Aloha deck on the Sun-class ships are also open with lots of loungers.

I was having a discussion with some fellow cruisers the other day and we got to wondering,

"What's the best aft cabin...... on the best ship with the best itinerary?"

We know this is purely subjective, but thought the results might be interesting.

What's your opinion?

OS 6091 Pacific Princess 102 Day World Cruise Jan 10, 2008!:) Can't be Beat! :D My Best! Bill LIVE ON THE CORAL PRINCESS

B749 on the CB is my favorite room....corner aft...it was so AWESOME. We loved the Eastern itinerary.

As for paying "premium"...I disagree. We paid $1560 TOTAL for the two of us, taxes and fees included, for a 7 night on the CB with the corner AFT balcony.

Dear Tahoestarr,

We were in mini C747 on what's now Sea Princess and it's my all time favourite, wonderful, fantastic cabin! We're off on P&O Oceana (Ocean Princess) next Feb. and guess which cabin we've booked - no prizes. We booked nearly 14 months in advance so we were sure of this cabin. The size of the cabin itself is great and the balcony is huge. You'll have a fantastic time. Regards, Annie:)

has been my deck of choice for the last 3 cruises (Dawn, Sea, Sea) - (R-345).:)

Suits my needs and wants to a tee.

BUT:

Have booked B-756 & B-754 for brother in law on the Emerald Princess in 2008 for a change of pace.

Any imput on new location would be appreciated.:confused:

Jennew,

thanks for sharing - that's the response I was looking for. B749 with the aft corner balcony does look awesome! And thanks for sharing the videos too.

Rotti,

B756 & B754 on the Emerald look like great choices too - especially on a brand new ship! Has anyone been in either of these cabins on her sister ship, the Crown?

Dear Tahoestarr,

We were in mini C747 on what's now Sea Princess and it's my all time favourite, wonderful, fantastic cabin! We're off on P&O Oceana (Ocean Princess) next Feb. and guess which cabin we've booked - no prizes. We booked nearly 14 months in advance so we were sure of this cabin. The size of the cabin itself is great and the balcony is huge. You'll have a fantastic time. Regards, Annie:)

Thanks Annie... I can hardly wait! I think I'm going to be spoiled for life!

I'm having a dilemma about aft cabin too and PLEASE need some help. We're on the Crown Princess and we're presently on the Caribe deck - C702, which is a side cabin. The furthest aft balcony (facing back) D734 on the Dolphin deck is now open and we're wondering if it would be a good idea to switch over. I know the balcony will be a bit bigger on the Dolphin but just wondering about the location. Which would be best?

Kim

I'm having a dilemma about aft cabin too and PLEASE need some help. We're on the Crown Princess and we're presently on the Caribe deck - C702, which is a side cabin. The furthest aft balcony (facing back) D734 on the Dolphin deck is now open and we're wondering if it would be a good idea to switch over. I know the balcony will be a bit bigger on the Dolphin but just wondering about the location. Which would be best?

Kim

Kim, if it were me, I'd go with D734 - but I have to say I don't know anything about that cabin. You're only one deck lower, but an aft view would be worth it. My only concern would be the sound of the wake - - but then - - that's not a deal breaker for me.

Roger

Roger, I felt I was running out of time (with the one cabin left) so I DID switch to the D734 cabin. I'm happy about it and now only pray they won't move me if the ship becomes full because this cabin will accommodate three and we're only two. Oh well - that would probably mean an upgrade and I believe they would have to ask us first if we wanted that move since we booked the actual cabin and not just a guarantee.

Kim

Grand Princess, D738, 12 Rome to Venice cruise 06Aug2005.

It was a wonderful suite plus comfortable inside and balcony. The view was also expansive and spectacular from there.

We have now booked aft mini-suite C747 for our 12 day Tropical Isles cruise on 28Dec2007.

Have wonderful cruising.

Dear Tahoestarr,

Annieuk we are going on the Sun Princess in c747 as this is a sister ship to the Sea Princess, can you give me any mot detail about the cabin, or if you have any photos of the cabin you may be willing to share with us, we would appreciate it.

Brocheure pictures just don't show you what to expect.

Thanks

I did two starboard balcony cabins on Regal and Sun princess then tried and aft suite on the Grand. We were in OS B750 I believe was the number. It was awsome and loved having the aft cabin. The view was spectacular! Now I'm hooked on Aft cabins. I've since done the Vista Suite on the Grand Emerald deck, port side. And I'm currently booked in the Grand Suite on the Star in April. My favorite would have to be the OS on the Grand up to this point.

Roger, I felt I was running out of time (with the one cabin left) so I DID switch to the D734 cabin. I'm happy about it and now only pray they won't move me if the ship becomes full because this cabin will accommodate three and we're only two. Oh well - that would probably mean an upgrade and I believe they would have to ask us first if we wanted that move since we booked the actual cabin and not just a guarantee.

Kim

Kim, You'll have to let us know when you get back (when are you going?) how you liked the cabin. FYI, just to be on the safe side, you might want to put a "no upgrade" on your cabin. That's what my TA did on ours for next June to Alaska. I've heard where cruise lines HAVE tried to upgrade choice cabins up a category or two, and end up in a less preferred location. I don't know if you have to agree to the upgrade before they make it or not. Maybe some one else on the board can help.

Roger

Yes I've already told TA that I don't want an upgrade. Even an upgrade to a suite wouldn't suit me unless it was on the Caribe or Dolphin deck so I figured I'd just stay where I was. We're not sailing on this ship until July.

We're also booked on Carnival for March but we're in a suite (bringing ds). I said we'd take an upgrade here because we're already in a cat. 11 so the only way to get upgraded is a cat 12 which is on the same deck as we are already on and it's just larger than what we have. Win-win for me.

Kim

Archived