What balcony deck is best for the Mariner?

KMR

I read somewhere to book deck 8 and above but I can't remember why. I think it had something to do with the below deck 8 balconies having steel around the bottom on the balcony and the 8 and above having clear plastic that you can see thru when sitting on your balcony. Is this true? I have a cabin booked on deck 7 and if this is true I will have to try to change it. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from deck 7 balcony cabin on Mariner...clear glass to see through from our cabin 7246. Very happy with Deck 7, not sure if deck 6 may get some spray in rough seas or not. We already booked a back to back next year in a bump cabin...once again on deck 7. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you both for replying to my inquiry about deck 7. I am so glad to hear from both of you that deck 7 has clear plastic and not steel. I do enjoy sitting on my balcony and just looking out at the sea. One less thing to worry about especially since my cruise leaves next week. Not sure what will happen due to hurricane Ivan. Not even sure what port we are leaving from since the cruise this week is leaving and returning from Miami. Last time we will ever book a cruise in September! Thanks for your replies.

I think the obstructions you were referring to were for the aft balcony cabins. I am booked into one for next year and had the same concerns. Most certainly I would prefer a higher deck, but since there are two large cruising groups on the ship, they're all taken.

Beth

We just came back from a cruise on the Mariner of the sea. We had a balcony cabin on deck 6(on the bump). It has clear plastic(no metal). When we go on our next cruise, I would have no problem with deck 6. It was great.

If your prone to motion sickness, you will feel less motion the lower you are on the ship.

The next next issue is when you disenbark the ship at the end of the cruise. It starts at the top, and works down. So if you are on deck 6, it might be awhile before they call your tag color.

Hope this helps!

From what I understand, whereas Mariner balconies are built onto the super-structure of the ship, other Voyager-class ships have balconies "cut out" of the super-structure. I've only been on Mariner in this class. I'd love to know whether all the balconies (all decks, etc.) have glass fronts on the other Voyager-class ships. Thanks.

beachchick

From what I understand, whereas Mariner balconies are built onto the super-structure of the ship, other Voyager-class ships have balconies "cut out" of the super-structure. I've only been on Mariner in this class. I'd love to know whether all the balconies (all decks, etc.) have glass fronts on the other Voyager-class ships. Thanks.

beachchick

Balconies on Navigator are like Mariner. Voyager, Explorer and Adventure have a fron wall that is roughly 70% of the way up and the last 30% is glass.

Archived