Can you take wine on board?

RookieCruzer

I'm sure you all know this but we are first timers and I'm confused. I've heard you cannot take liquor on board but then I see people talking about bringing wine on board on embarkation? Can you also bring wine back on board from the different ports? Does this include champagne? Help!

You can bring your own wine on board. If you want to take a bottle to the dining room there is a corkage fee of $15. It is sometimes charged and sometiems not. No corkage fee for drinking in your room (just remember to bring a wine opener).

You can purchase wine and liquor at your ports of call. It is normally taken from you as you re-board and given back to you at the end of your cruise.

Hi, are you allowed to put the wine in your carry on when boarding on the ship? Does it have to be in your checked bags that they take and Xray? I would want to buy some in Ft. Lauderdale and put it in my carryon and have it ASAP in our cabin!

Thanks!

And I take it there is no corkscrew in the cabins?

You can carry on the wine with you - no need to put it in the luggage you leave with the pier porter. The rules say 2 bottle per person (I believe) but the don't really enforce it that much.

The rooms DO NOT have corkscrews - be sure to bring one of your own.

You can carry on the wine with you - no need to put it in the luggage you leave with the pier porter. The rules say 2 bottle per person (I believe) but the don't really enforce it that much.

The rooms DO NOT have corkscrews - be sure to bring one of your own.

actually, the "rules" say "1" bottle, but I have rarely heard that it is enforced.....and I have never had bottles taken from me after shopping in a port, either.

I've asked this on the Cruise question board and should have asked it here. We are sailing from England (we're from California) and we have friends addicted to one particular type of wine (Rombauer Chardonney). As a treat, we are planning take two bottles (each) and then were contemplating shipping a case(eight bottles) to a friend of our's in Scotland. Her port is our halfway point and we thought we might be able to replenish our friends' supply. Anyone know about the tariff laws (and ballpark cost) about shipping wine to Scotland? We have our own Fed Ex account and would use them as the shipper. This is their first cruise and we are trying to make it extra special for them.

Ta,

Charlie

actually, the "rules" say "1" bottle, but I have rarely heard that it is enforced.....and I have never had bottles taken from me after shopping in a port, either.

I think we had 6 or 7 bottles (large). Steward had it iced down every day in our cabin for us (fridge sucked)

Archived