C&A members and the JR's coupon

flagger

Here is an interesting one for ya. We are both C&A members so will be getting the gold coupon book upon our arrival which should include the JR's coupon. Our daughter being under 18 is earning C&A credits but will not be able to join until she turns 18. Am I correct in assuming if we take her to eat there (not when she goes with AO) we will have to pay the $3.95 charge? I know it is only $4, but can we ask for a coupon for her at GR because technically she has prior cruise credits?

I have not been in this situation but my guess is that unless she is a C&A member, she will NOT get a coupon book. When she does become old enough to join C&A, they will include her past cruise credits. She will have to wait until then, though. At least that is my understanding.

Correct, they aren't official members until they turn 18, therefore they do not get a book, therefore they cannot have a coupon. This is empirically proven through experience on the Navigator, Sovereign and Mariner.

Not to change the subject but... hubby and I have sailed RCCL once now and we will be taking another in March. So then we will have 2 credits. In August we are taking our kids who will then be 19 and 21, are they automatically C & A members because we are? It will be their first cruise.They are staying in their own room. How does this work?

Sue

Not to change the subject but... hubby and I have sailed RCCL once now and we will be taking another in March. So then we will have 2 credits. In August we are taking our kids who will then be 19 and 21, are they automatically C & A members because we are? It will be their first cruise.They are staying in their own room. How does this work?

Sue

They still have to sign up, and I believe that they cannot become members until after they have completed their first cruise. At that point, IF they live in your house, they will assume your C & A status.

If anyone has experience to the contrary, I'm sure that they'll set me (and you) straight.

:)

They still have to sign up, and I believe that they cannot become members until after they have completed their first cruise. At that point, IF they live in your house, they will assume your C & A status.

If anyone has experience to the contrary, I'm sure that they'll set me (and you) straight.

:)

Thanks Merion Mom, they do live here!

Flagger,

Most of the time your cabin steward will give you an extra coupon for your daughter. This has happened to us several times when our grandson has come along.

But here's the kicker. If memory serves me correctly, when he goes with AO to JR, he has to pay. I hope someone else can remember and answer this.

When we went on the Navigator we took our two sons 8, 17 at the time. We got the coupons for my husband and I but not for the boys. We paid for their meals. No big deal. When our older son turned 18 I signed him up for C&A and he is a Platinum member also, as long as he lives at home that is...

Bev

I guess it never hurts to ask nonetheless. Thanks for your answers. I think she will be Diamond Plus before she is 18 the rate we are going.

Lucky girl is right!!

Flagger, we received two JR's Platinum coupons during our Jewel cruise that we obviously could not use :confused: And there isn't a JRs on our next cruise, so I'm more than willing to send them to you if you :)

###

I guess it never hurts to ask nonetheless. Thanks for your answers. I think she will be Diamond Plus before she is 18 the rate we are going.

I'm beginning to think that my parents committed child abuse by not taking me on cruises when I was a kid!:p (In other words, lucky her; that's terrific.):D

beachchick

Flagger,

Most of the time your cabin steward will give you an extra coupon for your daughter. This has happened to us several times when our grandson has come along.

But here's the kicker. If memory serves me correctly, when he goes with AO to JR, he has to pay. I hope someone else can remember and answer this.

My kids never had to pay for JR's when they went with AO...They just had a bit of a limited menu. Thants all. No extra charge for that.

Archived