Anyone just back from the WIND 10/28?

JulieM

Looking for anyone who is just getting back from the Oct 28 NCL WIND 11 Day crusie?

How was your trip? Did you have any electrical or engine problems as reported on the cruise before yours?

Leaving next week. Just curious to hear if things were fixed.

THANKS!!!!!!

Just got back. No problems that I was aware of. I didn't even know that they were having engine problems prior to the cruise.

I will note that the deck 7 reeked of diesel fuel or exhaust. Whether that is a recent situation or a long time problem, I can't tell you.

The Wind is definitely due to be retired from the fleet. Don't get me wrong the cruise was great. The crew and the intinery was wonderful, but the ship needs to be retired from the fleet. I would love to do this cruise again only on a different ship. The ship is clean and orderly, but the floor plan is a jumbled mess from the stretch. Who ever thought of it and who implimented it must have been drinking when they went through the design phase.

I am sorry to inform you that the great CD Ricky left to join the NCL Spirit on our last full day of the cruise. I would love to hear from you after your cruise to see who the CD was and if they were any good. I doubt that they are going to do very much with the crew or the ship in the next few months since she will retire in April. In fact I am willing to bet that as they get closer to the retirement they will slowly transfering the top notch staff to other ships in the fleet.

Deb

We had an outside cabin on deck 7. They were painting the rails a good part of the time, and you could smell that. I didn't find it too bothersome and I was out there alot.

The ship is confusing as Deb said. The Dream is just like her so I was used to it, but still managed to get lost a few times.

Hawaii is beautiful and the cruise was wonderful. Have a great time and enjoy that Hawaiian sun!

The smell appeared to be the strongest on the starboard side toward the back of the ship. It was the worst when there wasn't any wind and the smell had a chance to settle. A times, it seemed to seep inside to the passageways on deck 7. My cabin was on another floor so I don't know if there were issues with the smell in the deck 7 cabins.

Archived