Cruises for 5

rfholcom

With 3 grandchildren (ages 8,7 and almost 4) which would you chose and which cruise line? I love Celebrity but my children were teenagers when I cruised on Celebrity so I was not sure how they are with younger kids-the two older grandkids cruised with us on Carnival and they loved it. I have been to Hawaii but I do love it. I have never been to Alaska. The kids love to swim and would love to go to the Hawaii beaches but I also think they would love the totem poles in Alaska. I am adding on extra days to either cruise. If Alaska, I am looking at Jasper, Banff and the Calgary Stampede with Edmonton Mall thrown in. If Hawaii, I would spend additional time at the pool and beach. Help!

Becky

• 2 months later...

I took my 4 kids on a cruise to the caribbean and they loved it. Since we live in the Northwest, I asked them if they would like to cruise to Alaska. My kids have said they don't want to cruise to alaska. My husband and I went to Alaska ourselves and enjoyed it very much. However, totem poles and museums just don't compare to beaches and snorkling to my kids. Your grandkids may have different tastes. My kids like to do active things, not just look at cool stuff.

I took my kids on the Golden Princess this past August to the Southern Caribbean. There was a huge kids program, and it was open whenever we were at sea. They had a blast. Two nights they had pizza parties and we got to dine without them (heaven!). There was always something for them to do. The pools were open 24/7, and there is a special pool just for the little ones. As far as excursions go, you can't go wrong with a trip to the beach. We took a taxi to Magen's Bay in St. Thomas, and the water was beautiful, calm, and warm. My son tried to catch the little fish that kept swimming between his legs, to no avail. It was fun to just watch him try. Have fun - they are only small for such a short time!:D

Archived