Room Service-Breakfast

jwachs

I am sure this has been addressed previously but the search does not seem to be working for me today.

This is my first cruise on Royal Caribbean after many Carnival cruises. Is it possible to have eggs, bacon, toast, and OJ delivered for breakfast to your stateroom through room service?

Thanks!

I am sure this has been addressed previously but the search does not seem to be working for me today.

This is my first cruise on Royal Caribbean after many Carnival cruises. Is it possible to have eggs, bacon, toast, and OJ delivered for breakfast to your stateroom through room service?

Thanks!

YeppPC230027.JPG.b00a722adac4a0f1fe356cfeeb8c10db.JPG

Yepp[ATTACH]31877[/ATTACH]

Does that take you back there, or what??? Great pic!! Ahhhh.... a cup of coffee on the balcony looking out over the great blue waters ... One of my fondest memories. Makes my heart pitter patter in anticipation :D

Does that take you back there, or what??? Great pic!! Ahhhh.... a cup of coffee on the balcony looking out over the great blue waters ... One of my fondest memories. Makes my heart pitter patter in anticipation :D

Yeah, wish I could wake up like that everyday at home too!!!:D

Thanks!

You can put the order form on your door knob at night with a time for it to be delivered in the am.

Make sure you tip the delivery person.

how much of a tip are we talking about here? yoru average 20% good enough?

We ordered breakfast every morning on our last cruise, and usually tipped 5 bucks. The service was excellent........friendly....and right on time.

That picture is killing me....I don't think I can make it until May !! :eek:

Just a word of warning about putting the order on your door at night.

We were on the Adventure of the Seas last December and apparently some kids were going through the hallways at night pulling off all the breakfast orders. There were a lot of disappointed folks the next morning. When I spoke with Room Service, they suggested that it is safest just to call the order in - so that's what we did from that point on. Room Service is wonderful...enjoy!

By the way, they apologized and made every effort to get breakfast to us once we called to say it hadn't arrived yet.

Just got off the Jewel. First night ordered room service breakfast to be sent to room between 7 and 7:30am. They called at 6:30am to confirm order. Never ordered breakfast room service again. I hated to lose that half hour sleep.

Thanks!

Order it the night before by filling out menu cards and pick the time you want it delivered and hang on doorknob outside. You can have bacon, eggs, sausage, home fries, pastries, breads, juice, etc. Order a LARGE pot of coffee or tea or the carafe's are small. It's a great wake up call especially for port days as they call before they bring it! It was always very good and hot on the Explorer! I am in such cruise withdrawal it's not funny!:p

My O My what a sight, my wife and I will be enjoying this in a few short days sailing on the Grandeur. We have a GS and reallyyyyyyyyy enjoy our balcony so much, it is one of our personal highlites of our cruise, relax'n on our balcony. Sorry Aghacruiser about your withdraws, I sure can understand that, and we know the cure but it takes time sometimes to get relief LOL. Thanks to all you fellow cruisers for all the insights and comments that help make such an enjoyable cruise. Ozzie63:D :D :D

We were just on the Sovereign for the 3 nighter. There were NO hot breakfast entries available for room service. Not on the door-hanging card, or in the little book with the room service menu. Cold items only. We were a bit bummed, as we've had hot breakfast on all our previous RC cruises (including the 3 day Monarch from LA).

We were just on the Sovereign for the 3 nighter. There were NO hot breakfast entries available for room service. Not on the door-hanging card, or in the little book with the room service menu. Cold items only. We were a bit bummed, as we've had hot breakfast on all our previous RC cruises (including the 3 day Monarch from LA).

I noticed that on my last cruise on the Sovereign too. It was great on the Navigator though. Very prompt and the food arrived hot. I also like that they give you the call thirty minutes prior to the delivery.:)

Showed the pic to my SO and she's ready to book a cruise next week....Most of my cruises were with my previous wife and she loved the Windjammer or the dining room and being waited on for breakfast and the assortment, which I got use to.

My new SO on her first cruise with me wanted room service breakfast so we could enjoy it out on the balcony. I thought I would be bumed out, but she sure changed my mind.

Now am spoiled with the new "breakfast plan" she has implemented. If was sort of funny, I had sailed 25 plus times and she was a virgin cruiser and I was suppose to be showing her the ropes????????

Dave

As far as how much to tip, since there is no price for whatever you order, it would be hard to figure what 20% would be. I suppose you could estimate based on prices on land, but I think most people tip between $2 and 5$ for breakfast depending how much food is ordered.

I have heard others mention that they tip according to the number of people served. Also-as a side note--I asked our room service server how many trays she delivered for breakfast on a daily basis--she said about 25.

Are the room service people also waiters?

Archived