Need more information of what to do in Rangiora?

cindygad

• 2 weeks later...

After our cruise with Tahitian Princess in September 2006 (the Cook Island itinery), we stayed for 4 nights at the Hotel Kia Ora about 1-2 miles away from the small village Tiputa.

There are 3 "diving centers" at or nearby the hotel, which offer also snorkeling excursions (I am a diver, so I did not have joined these excursions). Blue Dolphins Diving is located in the hotel zone, but is not operated by the hotel; Six Passengers and Top Dive are just some footsteps from the hotel.

I would try to contact them (try Google), and ask for snorkeling excursions. Perhaps they offer a pick up from the ship (don't know, where the ship will anchor or dock).

I went with Blue Dolphins and I know that they offered a drift snorkeling at the Tiputa pass for XPF 4500 per person.

Other excursions offered by the hotel:

- full day trip to the "Blue Lagoon" for snorkeling and relaxing, an area of several small islands (motus) forming the so called Blue Lagoon.

- full day trips to "The Reef Island" and "The Pink Sands"; two more options for snorkeling and relaxing

- Glass Bottom Boat

- Pearl farm visit

- Rent a car or scooter (these are small fun vehicles with only two seats side by side)

Have a wonderful holiday! Rangiroa was one of our favorites!

Rodt

Rodt,

Thanks so much for reply. I will try to notify hotel. The ship offers excursion for 74$ but I wanted to try something on our own. I went to book store and looked in several travel books and still did not find anything. I will notify hotel Kia Ora and see what they say. How far is hotel from area where you tender from ship.

Thanks again

Cindy

Cindy,

with Tahitian Princess we did the Cook island itinerary, so we did not cruise to Rangiroa, but flew after our cruise to Rangiroa from Tahiti. So I can not tell you were the ship will anchor or dock.

But Tiputa is only 1-2 miles away from the hotel. If the ship's tender will go to Tiputa, it is easy to go to the hotel or the other diving centers. With low tide you can walk at the beach.

On the website of the hotel (http://www.hotelkiaora.com) there are some interesting photos. Choose "Photo Galleries", then the "Activities" photos, then Photo "Aerial view 04". It shows you the motu with the village Tiputa in the front on the left side. On the right there is the Tiputa pass (you can only see the end of the motu and the reef). Right in the center of the picture "above" Tiputa there is the Hotel Kia Ora (you can only imagine it; it is the grey dot on the beach surrounded by palm trees).

I hope this helps, to get a better feeling for the distance.

Feel free to ask, if you have more questions.

Rodt

• 3 weeks later...
Are there any snorkeling excursions besides Princess that anyone recommends? Are there any that go to Tiputa pass that you can book on shore or web sites to book from? Any other must do things in Rangiora?

Thanks

Cindy

We got a snorkel trip at the dock and still had time to go to the pearl farm on the free shuttle. Also took a water taxi over to another island just to look around.

Archived