ADF's Trip Report - 25/10 R635 Peach Sunsets

Will have to go back and look at your photos again now. He was moving bars after our cruise.

He took over Dukes on the cruise directly after mine. Where's he going to next? I just sent him an email, hope he replies, it will be good to catch up with him.

Will have to go back and look at your photos again now. He was moving bars after our cruise.

He took over Dukes on the cruise directly after mine. Where's he going to next? I just sent him an email, hope he replies, it will be good to catch up with him.

I am a bit confused with the cruise card. I have heard that you have to put $300.00 on but i have also heard you can put as much as you like on it. When we go to Portside do we put the money on then or do we wait until we are on the ship?

If we put money on using cash, can you then top your card up during the cruise using credit card or do you have to stay the same ie put cash on cruise card and only top up with cash during cruise or link credit card to card and only use credit card, no cash.

I hope i am making some sense. Thank you

Great photos Jane. Love the underwater ones. I'm buying one of the underwater ones when we go again in Feb. Only a couple of ours came out from the disposable camera we had!

Beginer, up until this cruise I've always put cash on and it's usually been around the $1000 mark each, taking into account your tours which for us (family of 4 when we've taken the kids) had amounted to near $800 which comes off my husbands card.

You put your money onto your card if using cash once you get on board, otherwise if you use your CC you fill out a form they give you and when you get to the desk to embark they swipe your card then.

This time we used the CC and it was so much easier. No going to the pursers desk to top up. I do believe you can put cash on firstly then use your CC afterwards if necessary.

Tgard76, he didn't know which bar he was going to at that stage. If you send him an email, say that Sandra wants to know if he is taking care of her rose.

Begginer_cruiser, the cruise card system is confusing when trying to explain. You can't do anything until boarding. Then you can register a credit card and they take an imprint which will be charge in one lump sum at the end of the cruise or you can put cold hard cash on. I think the $300 is an onboard credit which they allow you to spend over the first few days without having to rush to pursers straight away with your cash.

We did two different things. I registered one visa card but during the cruise made a lump sum payment with another (hiding spending from hubby) and then at the end they charged the remaining to my registered card. Another girl registered a cc but took lots of cash with her so right near the end of the cruise she got a balance paid that with cash and the couple of dollars left she owed they charge her cc.

Hope that makes sense.

Tgard76, he didn't know which bar he was going to at that stage. If you send him an email, say that Sandra wants to know if he is taking care of her rose.

I'll have to see if he replies to this email first. He did say he didn't check email often when he gave me the address.

Trevor

DSCF02511.JPG.2cce77e3f32dc30f7856de4ffce30312.JPG

Kezza and aussiedisneyfan - Thank you both for explaining the cruise card.

I apologise for all of the annoying questions - i think it is just the excitement starting to set in now. This is our first cruise - we have waited 9 months and now it is finally here.

Hi begginer_cruiser!

Your questions are never annoying on here...we have all been in your shoes at some stage.

Hubby & I put lots of cash onto our credit card before we left home. There is no doubt it is just easier to use your CC as final payment (on the Star) & it's all organized before you step foot on the ship. Surprisingly we did finish the trip still in credit but it has not gone to waste...jingle bells & all that:D

We put cash on our kids cards once we were on board & they received the credit owing (yes even they came out in front!) in cash, at cruise's end.

Have a fabulous time!

Cheers.

Archived