Sapphire - Lotus Spa Swim Against Current Pool

Tyrkitty

I have searched and didn't find my answer so here goes. Just wondering if there is a charge to use this pool on the Sapphire?

It's been close to a year since I've been on this ship but there was no charge to use this pool. It's also an adults only pool.

Now another question for those who have used the pool. Is it crowded? I've never tried one of these and wonder if the speed can be adjusted and how many can be swimming at one time. I guess only as many as could comfortably fit across the pool in lanes. Love to hear more about it.

Now another question for those who have used the pool. Is it crowded? I've never tried one of these and wonder if the speed can be adjusted and how many can be swimming at one time. I guess only as many as could comfortably fit across the pool in lanes. Love to hear more about it.

Tyrkitty:

Although I didn't use it, I did watch once in a while. The swim-against- the-current feature is manually operated and flows down the middle of the pool beginning at the *deep* end. People can lounge around the perimeter at the *shallow* end without being affected much by the flow. It seemed that only one or two people could position themselves in such a way as to utilize it effectively. If no one in the pool wants to use it, it can be left off.

The crowding aspect varies.....port days, not crowded.....sea days it can be. Since there aren't a lot of loungers in that area, the crowding aspect depends more on how many want to actually use the pool itself.

Again, I was on the Crown, not the Sapphire but I would think the situation would be similar.

Hope that helps. :)

We were on the Sapphire last month .. there is no charge for this pool. Some people thought so because you enter through the Lotus Spa. It was very little used, but the weather was variable so that may have been the reason.

This URL has a few pictures of it .. way down the page

http://www.cruisesrfun.com/Ch6_More_Cruise_Pictures.htm

KLLund: Thanks for the additional information and the great pictures. We have a gty BA balcony cabin could be on Lido forward or Caribe. Have been told could be upgraded to Mini. Would like the extra room, but your pictures really showed what I have been reading about the Dolphin balconies. Wouldn't be too good on a rainy day. The gty was the best we could do for now. Thanks again for the pictures.

Archived