cruise recommendations please

Ric

Good Day Everyone,

I am just starting to research the possibility of doing a cruise in Asia. I would appreciate some recommendations on best itinerary, cruise line and ship. I can only get a couple weeks off so it would need to be a 15 day or less cruise.

We are from Seattle and don't do heat combined with humidity well. When would be the best time to visit. Is January to hot? How about March?

I am thinking Oceana, Princess, Royal Caribbean. We will probably not use a premier cruise line due to cost but would consider it.

I appreciate your help!

Ric

We just returned from a 12 day cruise on the Sapphire Princess to Asia. They have a variety of itineraries and I must say we really enjoyed this cruise. There are a lot of pictures at the web site below. I would really like to go back and do the southern part from Beijing to Bangkok .. we will see. The cost was really reasonable. From all we have read and were told while we were there October is the best time of year. It is a bit like your ( and our since I am in Portland ) late Sept .. we had some really warm days in Japan and some very cool days in Beijing but we never hit rain. Hope this helps.

We did the SE Asia (Bangkok to Beijing)trip with Princess in July and it was really hot. We're from the Central Valley in California and are used to 110+ day temps, but nothing could have prepared us for the humidity. On the other hand, we were told that China in incredibly cold in the winter, with Beijing being a little warmer, but receiving snow. You would also have to deal with the rainy season in the more tropical ares. That being said, I would suggest either fall or spring for a visit, so that you don't have too much of any one kind of weather.

Weather aside, we had a fabulous cruise and very much enjoyed the ship, the people and everything in between. it was part of the world I never thought I would see. Our cruise review is up in the Pacific Princess board.

if you have the opportunity, do this cruise route. It's incredible.

Charlie

Archived