Kalik or Caribe???

cradawg

Kalik is a beer from Bahamas, Caribe is a beer from Trinidad, why would NCL ship them all the way to Hawaii to sell on a Hawaiian cruise? I could understand if NCL wanted to sell the Hawaiian beer brand called Primo. It would be close at hand. But, I don't know if they sell it aboard their Hawaiian ships either. The market for all three of these brands isn't very large.

Do you know if these two particular brands of beer have a distributor in Hawaii? Are they even available in Hawaii? If not, I wouldn't expect NCL to fly cases of these brands to Hawaii for consumption aboard their ships.

electricron -

Thank you for the geography lesson and taking the time to answer my question with more questions. I'll be sure to order a Fosters when i'm on the Sun in January heading to Hawaii. :rolleyes:

The reason why yopu'll be able to enjoy Foster's beer on that cruise is because Foster's has distributors in Hawaii, and on the West Coast. The local distributor will deliver this beer to the ship in a truck.

Which brings this back to the question of beer distributors in Hawaii? I certainly don't expect a Lone Star beer distributor in Hawaii.

Lonestar Beer on the cruise? Wouldn't that be dangerous. I remember seeing as a kid, those news reports where armadillos would attack the Lonestar beer truck. Could you imagine if one learned to swim and attacked the ship. Talk about complaints.....

On a side note, In my younger days, I brought back a case of Kalik From the Bahamas. I was already over limit, but when the customs officer saw, she laughed so hard and told us to go on our way.

Caribe is brewed under license on several islands in the Caribbean - Not just Trinidad.......

Grenada brews Caribe.......I have photo's.......

Fosters is also brewed in Canada....Not just AUS.........

Ron...Take a Chill Pill.........

PS - It is a Lion...Not a Dragon...I have photo's...........

:) :D

Archived