Several questions from a first time cruiser

Wish Granter

Hello,

I am going on my first cruise on the Norwegian Dawn on 11/19 saling roundtrip from NYC to the Bahamas, and have several questions after reading the message boards.

Does Norwegian allow you to bring cases of soda, and clothing steamers on board?

Are rooms equipped with hair dryers?

If you have sailed out of NYC in November before, how much warm clothing should I bring?

When in port, how long before the ship leaves do you have to be back onboard? I believe it is one hour prior to the designated departure.

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated as it will help me booking shore excursions and packing!

Thanks!!

Hello,

I am going on my first cruise on the Norwegian Dawn on 11/19 saling roundtrip from NYC to the Bahamas, and have several questions after reading the message boards.

Does Norwegian allow you to bring cases of soda, and clothing steamers on board?

Are rooms equipped with hair dryers?

If you have sailed out of NYC in November before, how much warm clothing should I bring?

When in port, how long before the ship leaves do you have to be back onboard? I believe it is one hour prior to the designated departure.

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated as it will help me booking shore excursions and packing!

Thanks!!

Soda yes, clothing steamers not sure

There are hair dryers in the rooms and my wife had no complaints

We sailed out of NYC last week and needed a warm jacket

The latest you can be on board is 30 minutes prior to departing

And I have a few of my freestyle dailies if you want to have an idea of activities, just let me know!

Hi USC Fan,

Thanks for the answers to my questions; they really helped me out! If you wouldn't mind sending me the freestyle dailies I would love to take a look at them. Take care.

Sure what's ur email address or you can email me and I'll reply back to u!

She's a beautiful ship and the crew is fabulous!

If you intend to be outside during sailaway from NY (or sail IN upon your return) you're going to need a warm coverup.

Regarding times you must be back on board, for each port on the Freestyle Daily, there will be an ALL ABOARD note on the front page. That's the time you must be back on board.

Have a wonderful time! Don't miss the shows and don't hesitate to ask for extra appetizers, entrees (with the exception of the surcharge restaurants), desserts, etc.

Bon voyage!

Ciao,

W A W W

Archived